Hi guys.
Mallards game was really fun. My brother had never been to one, and he had a ball. We laughed a lot which is totally healthy!
My young rogue cat got out last night. This was after we got back from the baseball game. Once I found a flashlight that worked, I was able to track him down. Catching him was tough. The little b*****d bit me on the calf and scratched me the first time I latched on to his tail. Then I was pissed. I dont' even remember how now, but I got him herded toward the house and in. That was a calorie burner. GRRRRRRRRRR.
I went in to weigh myself this morning, and darnitall the scale needs a new battery. How is that for divine intervention?
I think I am going to go out and weed some flower beds and look for black walnut trees the squirrels planted here and there. Drives me crazy when i find them tucked in impossible places. Danged rodents.
Ron always mentions his bike rides....I think I want one myself today. Not sure how far I will go - I think it depends on how much my seat can take. The sun is out for the first time in quite a few days, so I want to recharge my vitamin D batteries.
I also need to hunt for zucchini. I better start shredding and freezing what I have so it doesn't goto waste. Perhaps some zucchini bread is in order.
I made sort of a soup the other night with onions and zucchini sauteed. Then I added half bag of frozen corn and sauteed some more. Eventually i put in some of our homemade tomato juice. The non-healthy part was the dumplings I tried to make. I used whole grain baking mix from Trader Joes (it makes better pancakes than dumplings). I added fresh basil to the mix. It tasted pretty good, but the texture wasn't what I wanted. I ate it anyway of course. It was a good first attempt. Next time I'll just use flour and egg and a little butter to get what I want.
Time to get this body moving. I slept in, and things are all starting late. LOL
Make it a great day.
linda
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

2 comments:
Have you ever tried the Trader Joe's potstickers in the frozen section?
7 big potstickers are only 230 calories. I make kind of a soup with chicken broth, veggies and the pot stickers. It's so good!!
Linda, do you have a good 'healthy' zuchini bread recipe? I love my recipe--very low fat. If you don't like splenda, just use whatever. It will still be low fat. Very moist. And I put a ton of zuchini in it to pump up the volume. In fact, I have some zuchini in the frig, and I think I'll make some today!!
Post a Comment