Thursday, October 30, 2008

Thursday-Saturday...huh?

In Wisconsin we have annual teacher convention twice a year. This is time one. I have today and tomorrow off! LOVE IT. Naturally the k-9 units decided they needed some potty time and got me up. So I"m up. I slept enough anyway. It's all good.

My plan is to clean the inside of the house today. It will take potentially all day long, too. That's okay. I do have a couple of errands to run, and I need to go to that gym for major cardio action. I also want to ride bike on the trails here because they are now fully repaired from the flood. That Hugh isn't thrilled with the idea, but at 10 he is often not thrilled by anything Mom finds thrilling.

I did get to the gym yesterday. I think I left my strength workout guides from the trainer in my sweatshirt pocket and washed them. Oops. I have to go check the machine for pieces of paper. It's a good think I can pretty much remember the circuit by now. I got in a good workout yesterday, and it's a good thing because lazy me went out for dinner instead of cooking healthy. I went over my points, but my activity took care of that. Thank Goodness for the exchange. I just know I cannot do that again these next four days. I, okay, I could. But I don't want to do that. I want to stay at my points - NOT go over.

People - I counted out croutons yesterday. COUNTED THEM so I would only eat one serving. I measured everything and at dinner last night wrote down all my food so I could come home and plug it in. At least I'm taking this seriously. Maybe that's how I slipped and lost just a wee bit'o' weight last week. I was using too much guess work.

And I've always known this, but I'm really trying to totally wrap my arms around and embrace the idea that since I have this thing about feeling really full, I should achieve that really full using zero point or one point veggies. I just don't think of those things first. I think of other things first. So, yeah. I'll be going shopping later and getting more lettuce and other veggies to chop up for filling in the gaps at meal times. It makes so much sense. Now if I can make the complete circle and put into action what I know to be true, I'll have done something good for me in more ways than one.

Well, I'm off. Cleaning the kitchen is first. Gotta put some laundry in, too. Hope your day is swell.

TATAAAAAAAAAA

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda, you always make me laugh. Counting out croutons. Now you see the absurdity in it. In 4 years, you won't even notice. I don't mean you won't be counting them out, you just won't think its absurd anymore. I still faithfully count out 9 of my favorite All Bran crackers (which BTW are the best crackers in the universe.) Lots of times I think its silly, but I just remember that I need help knowing what's enough. Can you beileve that I find 12 BBQ potato chips satisfying? I can't believe it, most days!

And I agree with you, wanting to feel full. Veggies are good, and wanting to be full helped me to choose healthy foods over junk carbs that I knew would leave me REALLY hungry in a few hours.

Have a good long weekend. Hey, do you use epsom salts in your bath? It feels SO GOOD after a hard workout. (very cheap too)

Betty said...

I know about that wanting to feel full feeling. It´s always my downfall!

new*me said...

want to feel full? Do 3tsp of metamucil with 3 glasses of water about 30 min before a meal! It WORKS!

Cleaning and counting croutons.....are you having fun yet??