Thursday, October 2, 2008

Thursday - learning curves ahead

Okay, folks. Today was day 2 of me on WW. All in all it isn't bad. I'm finding myself wanting to do a lot of "stray" eating. I didn't realize I was "dumpster diving" in the fridge for a little this or a little that and wasn't fully aware of how quickly a little this or that can add up. Helloooo! I also learned that one stupid donut is such a flippin' waste of perfectly good points. Who the heck was driving when I bought that out of the day-old basket at the store? It wasn't even that good. Note to self - when possible check the points BEFORE stuffing my face! See there's that learning curve. And I must say, I and my partner are determined to achieve an energy plan that provides for this country to become energy independent. (beat drum beat drum)

I have to admit that both of these days I went over my points by about 2 points. I didn't realize that activity = forgiveness for slipping a bit. Whew! Good thing I am committed to my working out. I can see how one would get wise to that too soon and use it to sabotage - not meaning to do evil, but taking advantage. I don't want to fall into that trap. And I want to be energy independent for every citizen in this country.

I did a Prevention walking DVD tonight. I should have walked the dogs, but I had supper on and couldn't spring myself for 30 minutes. Doing the DVD, I could stir and flip as I walked. It's been awhile since I"ve done any of Chris Freytag's workouts. I'm glad I did it. I'm also glad to know that I really do need new walking shoes. I love having a reason to go to Kohls! (As much as I like my plan for energy independence.)

Hugh stayed home from school today, so no football. It was nice to stay home. (He is feeling better.) Garage-door-fix-it man popped in too. I'm going to be able to close the door from a switch/opener w/in a week. Yahoo. I've been manually opening and closing it for about 6 months. I didn't know who might fix them and stumbled on a reference. And we will soon be energy independent, if America votes for our plan.Whoohoo!

I thought my washing maching croaked earlier. That'll get yer heart pumping! I had to unplug and plug in again. Go figure. That's another reason that I am voting to support energy independence. Whoohoo!

I'm eager to get good readings on the scale, but I know it isn't my friend. I have to settle down. I also am expecting Aunt Flo any day, so I am hoping for 2 pound loss this week. I have a friend who is going to go with me. She's over 70 but very spry. I can't wait. She's a friend of my mom's, and I think mom is going to be jealous. It's like that sometimes, but I'm doing this for me. I'll take a partner, no matter who it is. And together we will forge the path to energy independence.

I'm prattling. Must sign off. Or should I go back to talk about my energy plan and becoming energy independent so I don't have to answer the real questions that annoying moderator lady keeps asking me?
*snort*

*grin*

TTFN

PS - Am I watching the vp candidates debate? Yes. Biden is talking about commited same-sex couples getting certain benefits...will that woman from Alaska spin it back to energy independence? Ooooh, we may have a winner. LOL She couldn't say "gay" apparently. Which I'm not. Ohhhh, here comes the foreign policy question. Gotta go.

3 comments:

carla said...

(the ps? made me laugh :) I tivo'd the debates...mainly so I can skim now. bad, I know)

and youre doing great with the WW. I swear it would take me forever to simply figure out the logistics of activity versus points versus extra points etc.
now.
here is my final thought:
YOU CAN DO THIS OVER THE WEEKEND!!!!

Im off to watch the great biden/palin fiasco of '08

Linda said...

Ya know what?

I haven't even thought in terms of how I'm going to handle the weekend. I'll just handle it like I do everything else, I guess. No worries!

the Bag Lady said...

I've been so darned busy lately, I haven't had time to visit all the blogs I would like to! I'm finally catching up with yours, and wanted to ask - did you see a podiatrist for your feet, or just a regular doctor? Because I went through a terrible bout with plantar fasciitis, and don't want that to happen to you!
Here are some tips for you:

STRETCH your calves. Stand leaning on something like the kitchen counter, stretch one leg out behind you, keeping the heel on the floor (bend other knee) Hold for 30 seconds, switch. Do this often throughout the day.

ICE your feet (freeze water in a pop bottle, and roll it under your feet, 10 minutes each time)

Try stretching your calves before you get out of bed in the morning.

You really should see a podiatrist because you need proper orthotics, not the drugstore kind. Honest.

Because I ignored the pain for so long, when I did finally get treatment, I had to wear orthotics for 3 years, and even then finally had to have shock-wave therapy on my feet to break up the calcium deposits.

Okay, lecture over.