Hellooooo, friends.
Parent teacher conferences came and went in a blur tonight. I hate them. Mostly I had parent love, but I have a few parents who are kinda hatin' on the Miz. C. tonight. WHAAAAAAT? I know! Please, someone kick me if I ever begin to behave like my child is A all the way and can settle for no less than that - even if he becomes a slouch. Cuz he is really smart. Really. But he does not work to his potential 24-5...nope - that's reality. And I don't have any delusions about his potential....it is what it is. And poke me in the eye if I start living vicariously thru that child. Ick. Creepy. But I digress.
It came to me yesterday - also a blur by the way - that week 2 on WW was like a bad rebound week. Looking back at it, it was like I had just broken up with a lover and was hell bent on sleeping with the next available Romeo...and the next and the next and the next. Losing 5 lbs in a week was so empowering that I apparently decided I didn't really need WW and could eat with reckless passion and abandon in spite of myself.
I really sort of felt like I was breaking up with food. Maybe it is a divorce I'm going through. I love my food, but it isn't good to me or for me. What I get from it just is all wrong. I got involved with it for all the wrong reasons. Our children - my fat ass, belly rolls, back fat love handles, floppy thighs, and wobbly arms - don't need us anymore, so why would I stay if not for them? *Yes - my food and I "did it" a LOT! We raised generous but unhealthy fat stores. It's time for them to leave the nest. Time for me to move and live for myself. After my week of delusional involvement with foods from the wrong side of the tracks, I've come to realize that there will be other food. YES! Other food that can and will love me better than what I've grown accustomed to living and loving with. Will I miss it? Of course; we've been together since 6th grade. What about the spawn of our love? I might miss lugging it all along, but I can always keep one pair of fat pants and my before pictures to remember them. I'm going to grant food custody and exercise my right to visitation infrequently. *sniffle*
It's better this way. Really. I can already tell. Before too long I'll be redecorating. I've been slowly rearranging adding some muscle here and there- nothing ostentatious, just subtle strength rippling under the layers of my former body. The whole makeover thing will take time, but I'm going to love it when it's done.
tee hee.
I've been plugging the idea of blogging today. I'm going to work it into my curriculum for next semester when we do creative writing. I know there's great untapped potential out there. We'll have to see how that evolves.
ta ta for now, friends.
Linda
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

3 comments:
LOVELOVELOVE the notion of a break up.
the concept.
I clearly recall a friend (she lost 100lbs on ww) saying to me that she was done with ben and jerrys.
that she adored it BUT when it called to her she just needed to remember all their times together and realize she'd had ENOUGH FOR A LIFETIME.
M.
Great post, got a good laugh out of this on a Friday morning when I really don't want to be focusing on my work! Go for it, and by the way, you may have convinced me to avoid the rest of the cheese buggles in the break room. *Deep sigh*
Learning how to be a healthier version of you is rather like a relationship! You really nailed it. It doesn't happen overnight. I honestly don't think I will be "there" until I have been on this journey at least a year.
I love parent/teacher conferences. It inspires me to see the role models and educators who help my children grow into little people. You all rock!
Post a Comment