Friday, October 10, 2008

Learning, learning, learning....rawhide! ~snap~

After yesterday's whine/vent blog, I've decided that I did learn a couple of things:

1. Beating me up is a waste of energy.

2. The gym (fitness activity in general) can be my drug of choice.


Yesterday afternoon I was Hughless, so I walked the dogs when I got home from work. We climbed the only really good hill in town and then did laps of the Catholic church parking lot. There is a logging road that leads into an old farm field at the edge of the parking lot. Every time we go by, the dogs try to head up the road. So I decided to let them take the lead. There is something so rejuvenating in watching my 4-legged fur kids hunt. Really it was "hunt" since they were on leash, but I swear I could feel their joy at smelling wild turkey birds and deer critters in the grass and on the trees. I can see them become a pack as the split up and come back together over and over to compare notes as they sniff.

The best part is that I felt better after going for that walk. (Later found a tiny woodtick crawling on me. Dang! I hope they don't have them, too. Was hoping tick season was done.)

After taking the K-9s home I headed for the gym, with a side stop at mother's to drop off some pictures and have a little snack. Dang! Eventually went over my points.

I did 35 minutes of strength circuit training and then 20 minutes on the bike (which as I've mentioned kicks my butt and I prefer to the treadmill.) I then went to Subway for supper, picked Hugh up and came home. Logged my points on WW, found I'd gone over and the activity actually saved me w/out touching my Flex points, again. For now one of my daily goals is to NOT have to use the Flex points.

And in all - I felt better. I was supposed to go to a meeting, but I said no. Nope. Don't want to. Don't feel like it. No. I stayed home and watched Ugly Betty, Gray'sAnatomy, and that salone makeover show on Bravo - that broad is a Broad! I fell asleep before I saw the reveal.

Hopped out of bed this morning, walked the dogs, showered up and coffeed and here I am. Feeling good, better actually. Energized. Ready to face the day with some shred of enthusiasm in spite of it being homecoming.

~~sigh~~

Silver lining: kids leave at 1:00 today. whoot whoot

Make it a great day.

2 comments:

Amy S. said...

Great job at sticking with it! I so love Ugly Betty. Glad you did have such a good evening, hope you enjoy your early dismissal!

Anonymous said...

What a difference a day makes!