Sunday, October 19, 2008

Sunday Check in

Hugh and I went to Madison yesterday. That's our state capitol and where I spent my first 2 years of college. Back then I lived 2 blocks from the capitol and went to the Farmers Market every Saturday. Haven't been there in years, so I decided to take my son. He goes to a smaller one in another town with his father and step-mother, but I think the Madison one is special. And it gave us a chance to be outside walking together for at least an hour.

We came home with brussels sprouts, onions, fingerling potatoes, peppers. I also scored an Obama yard sign and a campaign button. Hugh is my little Democrat. It's kinda funny, cuz it seems many of his school-mates are Mc Cain fans. I keep telling him to fight the good fight for Obama.

After the FM we went to the Madison Zoo. I was pretty bored there, but we were walking. Yep, it was a leisurely pace, but we walked. I took a few pics, but I'll have to load later on another post. I sure love me some seals and giraffes. Hugh loves the orangutan. He was reading a newspaper - seriously, he was looking at the paper and even licked his finger to turn the pages. One young fella standing there said, "He's better at turning the pages than Grandpa!" It made me laugh almost out loud.

Our next stop was Shopko - Midwest lower scale Target. We didn't really find what we were looking for, but we walked. And we got Hugh's glasses tightened up. Then we were off to Sam's Club. I took a 10 weeks for 10 bucks membership. We stocked up on a few thing, but I didn't see anything I couldn't live without. I did get some fruit cups. Honestly most of what we got was for Hugh. Except the California/sushi rolls, those were for me. YUM! I have a love-hate with wasabi. And we walked some more.

By this time my plantar ouchitis had kicked in to high gear, so my poor feet were screaming. I was cranky, Hugh was cranky. He needed custard. You heard me "NEEDED" frozen custard. Flavor of the day: chocolate fudge cookie dough *which happens to be my middle name* so I got a double. in a cone. *16 points of love* but I didn't know that until later. It was divine. And I was soothed. It's a good thing we walked for about 4 hours during our shopping escapades. That pretty much saved me on the day.

Came home and had to face the ugliness that was my kitchen. Last weekend I only had Sunday off. Then I had meetings Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, went to the gym Wednesday and Friday, so I had been home all of about 6 hours all week, except for sleeping. In short, the house was trashed - thank you 4-footed fur kids. Before I could even bring in all the goods from our shopping, I had to clean and clean and clean. I did clean the fridge which was long overdue. So now the kitchen is pretty much clean .

Today I do laundry and clean the rest of the house. I have to get to the gym as well. My brother got my boy a B-B gun for his b-day. We are going out to have lessons in gun use in a couple hours. I will be taking the dogs for a walk in a few minutes. Lots to do and so little time. I also need to finish putting up my Halloween decorations. I have lighted skulls and gravestones and a crashing witch to get hung up somewhere. Maybe will take pics and post later.

Make it a great day. Mine will be full. But I always have time to check in here.

TTFN.

5 comments:

Betty said...

Sounds like a fun day with your son. I can so understand the "needed"!!
It is just something deep within. But then we get on with it. And I think thats ok.
Hope you have a great week.

Anonymous said...

BUMMER ABOUT YOUR POOR FEET!

love,

Miz NEW YORK SUPER CRUNCH FUDGE Fit

debby said...

What a good post, Linda. GREAT insights. I can really relate to some of the 'feelings' I went through, even related it to a grieving process at the time.

new*me said...

such a good mommy :) When my kitchen is clean, all is right with the world ;)

Anonymous said...

When I was in college we traveled to Madison a couple times. But it wasn't for the Farmer's Markets!