Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wednesday, 5/6

Season opener today...but it's looking like rain. Gotta wait and see.

Hugh got peeled in the head last night at practice. Left field launched a rocket in to third, and Hugh either didn't see it coming in time or saw how fast it was coming and turned his head to avoid taking one in the kisser. The ball pasted him in the left ear. I've heard of getting a fat lip but never a fat ear. His glasses cut into the skin behind that ear. He appears to be okay this morning. Being something of a romantic hero, Hugh will certainly milk it. Perhaps he'll have a limp or a slight hearing loss...I'm not kidding. He's good. He did crack me up last night, saying, "Mom, I heard a "boiing" when it hit me." In the moment it was funny.

I could go back to bed. I'm pooped this morning. I had a run in the back yard when Murphy saw a cat and took off, the leash falling out of my hand. Little creep wouldn't stop running, and I had the other dog on leash in my other hand. I actually ran faster the the Kailey-dog this morning. Murphy must have gone deaf, because he wouldn't stop running until I got close and called him an "S.o.B". That stopped him in his tracks. Guess who overworks that term for a naughty dog!

Gotta fly. Running late.

Make it a great day1

linda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dog has a way of NOT listening to me when I let him out - I could call his name until I am horse!

Meanwhile, my husband whistles once, and he comes running no matter what!

Hope Hugh's ear is better - not the way to start the season!

carla said...

how is hughs head??