Thursday, May 14, 2009

5.14.09...and she's down for the count again

Tuesday afternoon, my one free night this week, I was going to plant my garden. When i arrived home, i headed for the back yard to pull rhubarb for a pie (again.) My neighbor was out there, God bless her, in the process of dismantling a rock garden that her husband made. He made it way too big and so that it came right to the lot line. I have a flower bed at the lot line in and old sand box, and he had not left room for the mower to get between. (men!) I was chatting with her, when i managed to step on a really large nail - the kind that is about 10" long. They who built the sandbox had managed to put it so the nail heads are underneath and the spikes are pointing up...that's how I found it. Of course it went right through my slip-on shoe and maybe 1/2' into my foot. It hurts like a mutha...still.

OMG - I can't tell you how it hurts. Right side of foot, back of the arch. I cleaned it out with hot water and soap. I doused it a few times with peroxide. I soaked it in epsom salts. It is still swollen and hurts hurts hurts. I'm having a hell of a time walking in general, so I'm off any kind of morning walks for now.

I was supposed to go to Great America on Saturday...questionable now.
I was supposed to plant garden...didn't happen.

Ugh. That's my deal right now.

Still trying to make all days great. You?

Later.

PS - yes, friends, my tetanus is up to date, very. No, i didn't go to ER - they would have used needles to numb it and no flipping way!

PPS - I'm sad that Danny Gokey got voted off American Idol. :(

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Ouch! I am feeling sympathy pain in my foot now!

How frustrating to have this happen - I hope it doesn't derail your weekend plans! Feel better soon!

SL said...

I'm glad you cleared up the tetnus thing; I was worried on your behalf. But otherwise - OWZA. Hang in there and hopefully it will feel better soon (soon enough for Great America and gardening).

carla said...

for some reason tetnus is one of the few things I worryfretobsess about as well.

hang in there, Linda

Angie (Losing It and Loving It) said...

Oh ouch on the nail. What a PITA!

You say rhubarb? Hubs loves that pie, me not so much.

I love me some Great America but I doubt we'll go this season as we're saving up for our Dec. Jamaican vacay. My stepson bought season tickets for himself and his girl friend.

Hope your foot feels better!