Saturday, May 9, 2009

Saturday - much ado again

hey y'all

Today is Little League team and individual pictures day. Gotta get Hugh dressed and to the ball park by 10:00. After that we zip back here, pick up the dog, and go to a town in the opposite direction for a 5K walking event. On the way home we will go to a couple of green houses. We need to get my mom a gift certificate at one of them and try to resist buying anything for myself. The other one I really like is run by the Amish. Their plants are always healthy and prices right.

I want to plant my garden today, but I think I'll have to wait becuase it rained all night. Maybe by late this afternoon it will be dry enough to get the job done.

In the area of health and fitness, I'm failing miserably. I am so very much an emotional eater, and this time of year is very emotional for me. Mostly it's the stress of school and too much to do with too little time to do it. Between working and running for Little League, I don't have a whole lot of me time. That sort of boils down to minimal time to cook and eating fast food all too often. I have to get off this cycle of eating FF because it's convenient. It's just so much easier to eat out than to get home at 8:00 and cook something for supper. There is barely time to do it when I get home.

I think we'll work grocery shopping into today's schedule. Maybe if I get restocked on healthy stuff and do some cooking I can have things that only need microwaving ready to go.

I have fallen into the big lie of believing that I will get back to business when school is done. I know it's a fat-trap of a lie. If I can't get my head on straight now, how can I when I have minimal structure in my life during vacation? I can't, and I know it. So there is no time like the present to get back to calorie counting and walking every single day without exception. EVERY DAY. And I spent my $200 on the weight machine - it's collecting dust. Yep. Stupid, I know.

This week I will use my maching Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday.That's a goal I can stick with. Hugh has baseball Monday and Wednesday.

~~~~~~~~~sigh~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm rambling. I better get going. Hugh and I are already doing battle and it's only 8:18.

Make it a great day and drop me a note. I miss you people.

Linda

4 comments:

Angie (Losing It and Loving It) said...

Linda,
Sounds like you're keeping busy. This lifestyle change can be such a challenge. I know you can do it and if you just start out again slowly you'll get your groove. Water and walking and then add in your new machine a few days a week.

Keep going, Linda!

Ron said...

You can make some heathier choices at these fast food places. I know I try and avoid them as much as possible too. Mcdonald's I get a salad, wendy's chili or salad, taco bell the fresco style foods etc.... It's just a matter of training our brains to do so!

Anonymous said...

Linda, I am glad you are talking and thinking about how you can change your eating habits again. (poorly worded sentence, sorry bout that.) I know you think f.f. is easier, but once you get in the swing of it, and decide that f.f. is not an option, I know you will find lots of quick and easy options at home. Like yesterday when I had to work and hadn't planned for it--took a BBQ chicken breast that I had precooked in the freezer, and grabbed an artichoke and an ear of corn out of the frig and nuked them at work.

Avoiding f.f. was one of the hardest things I did, and now I don't even think about it. Well, 90% of the time I don't think about it!

MizFit said...

so hard to know what to say as, for me, so often I do wanna be met where I am and not cheer'couraged (YOU CAN DO IT! ITS A NEW WEEK!!).

babysteps to change perhaps? doing little things so that it ISNT all 'wait until school is out' pressure?