Thursday, August 13, 2009

Not giving up

It's important to not give up.


I have given up on so many diets and sit here all fat and frumpy, and I know that if I'd have just carried on, I'd be practically invisible now. *snort*


On the job front: still looking. Great lead still out there but I have to wait and have patience and see what is decided. I still think I'm right for the task. Prayers please.


Did I tell you a couple weeks ago that Mr. Fuzzy has diabetes?

I haven't been a very good cat mom to Fuzzy. He's been going down hill a very long time and is very under weight. I thought it was cancer, quite honestly. But noooooo. He really took a header when he drank the sugar water I'd left on the stove. (Bonks self in head a la the V-8 commercial.) So he went to the v.e.t. His blood sugare was about 420. Holy bad, CatWoman! I've had him on better quality dry food mixed with canned food twice a day and twice-daily insulin injections for 2 weeks. I scored a free glucometer from a great bunch of feline diabetes folks who sent it to me for the low price of $4.95. It's been an uphill battle to get Fuzzy's sugar into even a normal range. This morning Mr. Fuzzy was very pushy and demanding wanting his breakfast right NE-OOWWW. Checked his blood sugar, and it was 110. That's in the normal range!! Hopefully this will continue as I continue to monitor him. It's a bit of a wrestling match to get him to hold still for the little poke in the ear to get a dab of blood but very much worth it.

I went to school yesterday and cleaned out my desk. I threw away 8 years of accumlated crap. I brought home all my personal stuff. It just felt like the thing to do.

Hugh started football. He's loving it because he is a veteran now, and he knows more than the new kids. We had a few tears the other night, but I encouraged him to ask questions when he misunderstands. There are a lot of new kids, and if Hugh doesn't get it - they probably don't get it either. Leaders ask questions. We'll see how that goes.

So, all systems are still go around here. Still pounding the cyber pavement looking for full-time gigs.

Hope you are all well.

tatafornow!

4 comments:

Shelley said...

Still crossing my fingers for you, Linda.

Glad the kitty is doing better and that Hugh is enjoying (for the most part) football!

Of course you're not giving up - you are a fighter and will do whatever it takes to keep going. Shoot, just look at what you did with that patch of dirt - your garden is gorgeous and it's all because of what you did!

MizFit said...

thinking about you and knowing that while you are SO A FIGHTER it can be freakin exhausting to be a figher.

I get that.

Carla

Ron said...

Hope things work out well for you soon... until then... keep making those healthy choices!!!!!

carla said...

checking in on you.

parents here visiting.

10 more days.

send help :)