Sing it with me - Somethings coming, something good.
Hi people!
I have a lead on a job. Yep, I do. You must stay tuned for more details. I have to keep it all under-wraps until the time is right because: 1) It'll give the local stalkers...errrr....lurkers something to gossip about (you know who you are, right!!!) 2) It'll give me something to be positive about.
Right now I am financially up that famous creek with no paddle.
I have shed a great many tears and tossed and turned way more than anyone deserves for the past week. I keep thinking about all of the things I would have done differently:
-hunt for jobs beginning in March if I had had a flippin' clue this was coming
-taking a summer job to put money away instead of looking at my bank account slowly dwindling toward zero
-have conversation with the powers that be about longevity, certifications, and such
-save more than I spent on stuff we did not "need"
I know a great many people across the land were unceremoniously dumped from their jobs. I know that's the way of the world these days. But I also know that in small towns there is an expectation that you treat people in a way that reflects well on the small town. Ooops - I should say "I thought" cuz all of us who have been effected have been treated with a lack of respect, a loss of dignity, and without a care. It's a sad commentary on the way some folks work.
One of my friends also effected by this layoff was out with family and ran into some people from that small town - one of them looked at my friend, smirked, and laughed and said, "Part time." The tone was condescending, mocking, and demeaning. A real class act right there. Demonstration of character, don't you think? I can see this leaking over into the year and multiple individuals jumping on that band-wagon of disrespect. I am sad about that. I can see little being done about it, too, as there seems to be a questionable amount of regard for respecting others. Perhaps I over-generalize...
Am I bitter - heck yeah. Who wouldn't be?
Am I going to hold on to this forever? - heck no. It's a waste of energy.
But I will remember this.
Karma is a crazy thing. That I believe.
I am eating less. That's always good. Right? Gotta conserve groceries. H. has been put on notice that he needs to learn to eat what is put in front of him. If not, he's gonna get rid of that boy belly he has the hard way.
Football practice starts Monday. H. got his equpment and can't stop wearing it around the house. I'll get a picture on here sometime soon.
Gotta run. It's our local celebration, and we need to get or seats reserved for the parade. Bring a bag for candy, won't you? I'll save you a seat. Right down in front of the phone company.
Make it a great day, people. I intend to.
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

9 comments:
You may as well be describing our district. Just so you know, some of the parents feel the same way you do about the way the cuts are being made.
It's no less than tragedy.
Ooh, I'm crossing my fingers for you!!! And I agree about karma, but most people are too dumb to realize it when it bites back.
It's a vewwy vewwy vewwy scrwewy and scawy world.
Maybe you were over generalizing a bit because it's a little hard to understand some of what you're talking about...but I get the idea. We are spending a lot of money in this country that we really don't have and on top of that a lot of it is being spent on the wrong things. Education NEEDS to be No.1!
People can be so cruel. I work to ignore people who don't support me.
Just a suggestion. Vee at http://www.veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com
karma is a bitch.
entirely.
and theres no escaping that...
**proffers a virtual paddle**
(wishes it could be a literal job)
Cant wait to hear the details... hang in there
My fingers are crossed for you!!!
checking back in.
visualizing that LEAD turning into an OFFFFFFER.
Carla
Post a Comment