Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My head hurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrts.

Yeah.

it.

does.

I've spent the last two days working like a fiend to research jobs, finding jobs, networking, resumes, job openings, etc. It's insane. My eyes and head hurt.

I've not been "eating this sh*t" to quite my loving FitCetera. Actually I've been a little more aware of what i'm doing. Maybe what it is is the idea that we can't waste anything. We probably will have to reduce our food budget only buying what we need and eating what we buy. How many boxes of cereal grace the top of the fridge? Like 5 and all are open an untouched. Those days are in the past.

I've never really thought about all the skills, abilities, knowledge that I've gained in my 12 years as a teacher. Bad news - I'm overqualified for a lot of stuff. Good news - I could probably work in management or in some executive role and pull it off. I just need to find that kind of job. Then I need to figure out how to get interviews. Networking? WTF? Ugh. None. But I'm working on it.

Thanks for the excellent support everyone. I do read and appreciate.

that's about all i got to say.

6 comments:

Shelley said...

That is a lot of work, job hunting! I've been thinking about you today and hoping you find something wonderful.

Vee said...

I'm so sorry about the change in your circumstances. I'm sure you'll find something just perfect for you, while NOT pigging out! Vee at www.veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com

carla said...

man the job hunting this sucks.
as a writer I do it every day (pitching querying) so I completely get what youre saying.

hang in there as much as you can and then just LOVE YOURSELF WHERE YOU ARE THROUGH THE REST.

This stress is not forever.

Ron said...

Hang in there, Im sure something will work out for you real soon!

debby said...

Miz gives the best advice ever, doesn't she?

I can't add much except to say that I am thinking about you and praying for you that 'they meant this for evil but God will use it for good.' Who knows--maybe this will be a time when ypu find something you love more than teaching (remembering your end-of-year frustration blogs!)

But, yeah, job hunting sucks bigtime.

Anonymous said...

I come by way of Diana. You were in her blog roll and I had to click because I LOVE the name of your blog. Fat don't wrinkle. LOL! Anyhow, good luck with the job search. I hope you find something soon.