I lost:
.8
again.
Booo.
Yes a loss. However...
Please WW friends - at my advanced weight I am allowed 36 points/day plus flex. I stopped today at 32. I am full. It is 8:00. I don't want any more food. May I please please stop?
I want to drop down to 30 points per week even though the program has not dropped me down yet. Can I? Just for one week? I want a great loss for my pre-turkey day weigh in. Can it really hurt?? Really?
Wisdom please!
Maybe April Isn't the Cruelest Month?
5 months ago



8 comments:
WW will tell you not to drop down in points because they don't want to be responsible for anyone undereating and then getting ill. But I go under the points alloted on any of those days when I feel really full.(Not way under, but at least on the low end. Don't eat on the high end of your points every single day.) Besides, there's a big chance you've actually eaten the amount of calories you should for the day because it's not an exact thing; people measure differently, they shove more things into the measuring cup, the prepared food you buy is more points than the listing in the WW book because of a different recipe. Sometimes we even lie to ourselves a little bit when we know we've pushed it to an extreme. Eating a little less once in a while won't hurt anyone, in my opinion. It makes up for all the days we cheat! Think about it: we cheat and eat more than we are supposed to on numerous days. But on how many days do we eat LESS than we are supposed to..NOT MANY. Therefore eating less than your points once in a while will only even things out in the long run.
Regardless. it's not a good idea to eat after 8p.m. anyway, preferably earlier.
Hi Linda, I agree with most of what sheila said. I eat after 8 pm, and I think it depends at least a little what your schedule is...
So, 36 points sounds like a lot to me. When I started, 28 points was the most anyone could have, and that is what I ate, and I was seldom hungry.
I think the main thing about going under your points is that you could mess up your metabolic rate, or confuse your body, so that if you are routinely not eating enough, your body becomes efficient and 'holds onto' your weight.
I don't know Linda. The whole thing is still a mystery to me, and the longer I go on, the more I think it is a miracle that I lost anything!
Try to keep the long range picture in mind. W.w. is just a tool, but really you are learning how to eat better and differently for the rest of your life.
yep yep yep on your two insightful commenters.
I need to learn more about points..relearn I mean as perhaps you could eat the same NUMBER but a different 'makeup' of what youre eating?
regardless *I* say: it's a loss....I know it is difficult but keep pushing forward.
(hence my wanting to call my blog Sysiphit :))
Hummm...Well, my gut instinct is to tell you to follow the plan. 36 is a lot of points but, ask yourself: are you properly counting every single point? Maybe you are closer to using 36 a day then you think. Just a thought...
You don't have to use your extra weekly points, so just pretend they don't exist.
Now, might not be fun to hear but, if you are not hungry enough to eat all 36 points, maybe you need more exercise...that'll not only make you want to eat, it'll make you burn more fat and help your weight loss. Just a thought as I don't know how much you exercise now and...I don't much like exercising myself.
What are you eating for your 36 points? Are you getting in enough fruits/veggies, water, dairy, oils and lean proteins? Are you eating healthy?
Finally, talk to your WW leader...they will give you great advice.
I lied, one more thing - 0.8lbs is a great loss!!! Any loss is a great loss! Don't pressure yourself to lose a certain amount, you cannot control your body and make it lose x pounds - it'll lose it at its own pace, you're just helping it along. :)
Yes, you are so right on and I love to be inspired by others who have the tenacity to stick to it even though they have a small loss or no loss. As long as the scale is going down, it's a good thing. I have lost a lot of weight but I'm going through a bit of a difficult patch right now and I am really appreciating your stick-to-itivness! As for points, it's really just another way to count calories and it's a much easier way. After you've been doing this as long as I have, you pretty much know the number of points in most things you eat. If you want to lose faster, though, just don't eat any of those extas you're allowed by working out or whatever.36 is a lot. Saying that only because you were asking, but then again don't want to interfere because you ARE losing! And that's great!
First of all, .8 is a great loss (I would have GLADLY taken this this week versus my 3 pound gain). :) Secondly, when I was on a plateau, I dropped my daily points by 2 and I think it helped a bit. So, maybe try dropping just a bit rather than 6? Just a thought.
congrats! My loss is slow so I am doubling up on some exercise this week and upping protein a bit! I'll let you know next week if that helped at all
Way to go on the loss.
I'm not familiar with WW and points but I really think it's best to stop eating when you are full and no longer hungry. At least that is a good mindset to have, I think.
Post a Comment