Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I am going to.....

Disneyland!

Okay.

No.

Therapy.

Yep. Had our "family counseling" session yesterday. It has become all about me anyway, so I"m going to go for a while without my Hugh.

Dude (Paul is his actual name, but I"m thinking of him as "Dude") says I'm a food addict. I've already decided that, but now I have professional confirmation. So, what are we going to do about it? Dude - what are we going to do?

I have to make a list of all the things that are "safe" to talk about. Ummm - anything. How's that? I have some trust issues in my bag o'baggage, so maybe if I dump some of the junk I can get to the root of my food addiction. Perhaps it's going to be like cleaning out the refrigerator:

"Ewww, what's in here? Oh, Gawd. That's from 1976 when we moved. Aaack - that's a container of Hershy Syrup from 1978, the summer of the ice cream cone binge all summer long...still tastes like it's okay...Why didn't someone get rid of this cheese tray from Dad's funeral??? Aged cheddar anyone? That was 1983. "

I know - sardonic, gallows-type, dark humor. But, Dude, if I lose my sense of humor I'm going to actually GO crazy.

Oh yeah, and tonight is weigh-in. Let the pounds fall where they may.

Make it a great day

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you excited? about all the dudepotential?

Im a big fan of therapy and also of having a partner in my muckracking (err, soulsearching)----so I think I would be.

hope its a good weigh in.
me? parents arrive today.

nuff said.

Anonymous said...

Linda, you are a GREAT writer. I am so glad you have decided to share your talent with us. I think I could actually go to therapy if I thought of him as Dude!

Anyways, just came to say, I hope you have a blessed Thanksgiving, and can enjoy some happy memories of your father.

Anonymous said...

Therapy is good to a point. To the point where you decide those people don't really know as much about you as you know about yourself. To the point where it starts feeling repetitive. To the point where you can't take it anymore and you feel like it really isn't helping you. To the point that you come to the realization that the PAST IS THE PAST and we've all had crap happen and the only person who can make you stick to your diet is yourself and regardless of the past, you need to lose weight so you can be on this earth as long as possible because FAT KILLS. And because there is another person who needs you here and loves you.

Donnalouise said...

I'm interested in hearing if you feel the therapy helps. As for tonight's weigh-in - sending you loser vibes! :)