Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving - I wish you peace.

Something I certainly always wish for myself. Peace. I'm actually feeling pretty good this morning. I got up at 5:00 and let the dogs out, then went back to bed until 7:00. Aaaah. Got up, put the coffee on and finished the cheesecake for today:

It's made with 2 FF cream cheese and 1 neufchatel 3 eggs, splenda, and pumpkin; Fiber One in the crust with Promise spread; SF carmel and cashews on the top.




Then I made the apple cranberry crisp. Before:



(Please note the gratuitous product placement! I used minimal real sugar and NO butter-butter)

Here is the after:

My niece, Stephanie, is here from college and says it looks good. It smells awesome, but I'm skeptical. Put enough coolwhip on and it'll be fine.


Speaking of Stephanie - she arrived last night from Milwaukee. She's in grad school for Social Work (so proud!!!) So I made homemade baked eggrolls and veggie stirfry over Kashi Morrocan rice - 'twas delicious. It's good to have Stephie home.


Here is Stephie on the loveseat with her new BFF - Guy the kitten and Murphy Dawg. Happy!

I was messing with the MP3 player downloading a song for Hugh this morning, and then I decided to play all my songs. I had a blast dancing in the dining room. My mix is eclectic but really fun in my opinion. Uhhh, Hugh had the camera and video taped me dancing. Not purty, folks, not at all. But I HAD A BLAST! I will add that to my list of things to do to burn calories - dance like no one is watching in the dining room. (Note to self: hide camera first!)

Hope you all have a day filled with blessings.

Linda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Kev is in there cooking and says less than 5 min. so I better hurry.

Your goodies look tasty and I'm glad your niece got to come home for a visit.

Dancing is a blast. Always makes me smile.

Life is good!

Anonymous said...

Hi Friend.

I hope you had as great a thanksgiving as it sounds in your post.

Mine was nice. now I need to figure out what I can do with my fmaily who are here until TUESDAY.

:)