Well, I'm glad I can see Monday from here.
I did my famous (infamous?) Aunt Flo rebound last week. I made seriously bad choices with eating more often than I made good choices. Being present? Who? Me? Where? Ummm, I put my brain on idle apparently. I feel not so good and a little defeated right now, on the diet front.
On the productivity front, I feel good. Hugh and I made it to Madison. We found Trader Joe's, and while I can see how folks love that store, I cannot say that I loved it at first sight. Nope, it isn't my bag. It reminded me of the People's Food Co-op in La Crosse. TJ's just isn't my bag - overpriced for one thing. And the people shopping there were frantic - as if TJ's was going to run out of everything before they got theirs. ICK! But that may be shopping for groceries in Madison every Saturday. Cuz we went to a super-duper market next.
Woodmans is GOD! It's a giant warehouse-like food store. The fresh produce was awesome, and we stocked up. We bought a giant orange-like-fruit thing that is an orange crossed w/something else. We'll try that this week. We also bought a papaya because we were curious. I have to wait for that to ripen. We got broccoli, brussels sprouts, asparagus, cauliflower, cucumbers, and peppers. whooo hoo! Beautiful stuff. I will eat my filling foods this week because I am going to do the WW right. We had fun!
Today we didn't do much. I made chili and WW super nacho fixin's. I also made a corned beef. That's the only one I'm doing. I got it out of my system. No more corned beef - I love it! YUM! So I'll be taking chili for school lunches this week. They had groud round at an excellent price at my little store here, and I mixed it with ground turkey. There is hardly a speck of grease on top of the cold chili. Very tasty stuff.
We got about 4" of snow here. It started raining around 10, then it sleeted, and eventually it snowed. All the trees are glazed over and the wind is blowing so it's all making crazy winter-like music. I graded all my essays - seem to be missing a few. I also did about 10 loads of laundry. Where does it come from?
Hugh saw a robin today, so spring isn't too far off. I hope they brought their boots and mittens with them. It could be cold and yucky this week. Maybe it's our "in like a lion" weather just a week late.
Well, this is a week of many meetings: village board, WW, bike trail, staff. Ick. Tomorrow Hugh goes to the eye doctor for an annual exam. His glasses need to come back soon. They totally broke and he can't see, poor kid.
tomorrow starts a new week full of new opportunities. I'm cutting myself some slack, getting it together, and moving moving moving to get this weight moving moving moving DOWN.
Make it a great one, people. I'll catch you all later!
Not Without A Fight
6 days ago



4 comments:
As Oprah once said: "Here's to a new year and more chances to get it right". The same applies to Mondays! Hope you have a fabulous week!
ok I KNOW you just be tired but also SO HAPPY to spring forward ---you guys have had one long winter!
have a great week.
Miz, who in fact adores the corned beef too! look we overlap on something :)
morning.... found your blog today and wanted to know if you are familiar with Soldiers Grove Wi... we go back there for family reunions... just curious
the picture you painted........frantic people shopping...........too funny!!!!!!!!!
Robins are all over here ;) Hmmm..........a pile of robin feathers were found in our backyard Saturday while we were playing........I hope it's not some evil omen that Spring is never coming ?!
Post a Comment