Thursday, October 23, 2008

And the beat goes on....

Silly me! I thought once Hugh's football season ended I'd be relaxing and able to do my thing. So far - NOT! Seems like every night it's another meeting or other obligation that doesn't involve going to the gym. It's been a week since I've done my strength training, and I'm afraid of what that is going to mean when I do get back there.

I have been very diligent in my walking 30 minutes or more a day, so I'm not totally slacking here. It's just a matter of my schedule clearing up so I can find peace. Next week I only have school three days. Thursday and Friday I am going to that gym, and I'm gonna sweat my butt off. I feel "UCKY" from the lack of strength training. It's so funny to me that 5 months ago I cussed the existence of the back-extension chair, and now I am wishing I had one so I can stretch out my back. I also miss my exercise ball. I took it to school to sit on, thinking that they kids would enjoy sitting on it. Well, when the crud hit the fan with my kiddo, and I was gone a few days some little jerk poked holes in it. I should have totally known better.

The forecast is for now squalls in the next few days. That'll be our "Squaw Winter" which will be followed by a few bright, beautiful, warm fall days, our Indian Summer. Then...look out. It's "Holy Week" aka deer hunting season, followed by turkey day, followed by Christmas followed by New Years - and it'll all happen too fast for me.

Oh, I'm working on a skinny pizza: sauteed onions and red peppers with some leftover turkey breast and cheese. Lots of garlic, too! I can't wait! Oh and it's on a honey wheat tortilla. Then we're off to a football game. My kids play a school close to here, so we're a-goin'.

Enjoy your evening/morning/day.

ta ta for now!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

oo that pizza sounds good!

great job on the walking, keep it up!ive been slacking a little on my weight training. i should probably get off the computer and do some.

dang it.

Kelly Turner
www.groundedfitness.com

Anonymous said...

Good morning friend!

kudos on the walking as I know how hectic your schedule is...I can IMAGINE I mean :) as even though Im rolling as a TEMPORARY single mama to a nonfootball playing toddler I cant believe how my ME time has diminished.

any chance for weights at home? later in the evening (she asksnags fearfully)?

and the skinnypizza sounds great...Ive done it with a 'crust' of eggebeaters but Im weird that way.

Miz.

Linda said...

I DO have weights and DVDs, but I got no discipline to use them.

I know...I know...

Anonymous said...

I'm with mizfit....any chance of banging out some pushups or crunches or anything? I do things like that when I'm watching TV, on the commercials.

The skinnypizza does sound yummy. I make mine with flax seeds on the crust and broccoli & chicken.

Meg said...

Wow, that pizza sounds delicious!

I hope your schedule settles down a bit and you can find more time for you, but it sounds like your doing an amazing job fitting the exercise in where you can!

-Meg