yay. it's weigh in day. UGH!
It is what it is, and I don't expect a loss this week. I've worked the WW program to the best of my weak mental ability. If I don't have a loss - fine. New week starts tomorrow. Last week felt more like a "weak".
I am getting up a little earlier now so I can take a little longer walk. This morning I was rudely interupted by someone's loose dogs. My little dog saw them up ahead and got excited. Luckily, the older dog didn't read his enthusiasm, and I was able to go the other way and home for fear of the two loose dogs seeing and following. My older dog is very dog aggressive. It's insane trying to keep her contained in the presence of other dogs. Dang it. And I was kicking it, too.
"Debbie Weighs In" left me some support pointing out that she did WW, used all her points including FLEX, and still lost 100 lbs. Thank you, sistah! That made me feel better about my struggles. Ironically, I thought I wasn't eating enough, but I've discovered that I truly eat plenty - waaaay plenty. But I've learned to deny the truth of that so most of the time my unconscious eating never registers. I found myself really struggling yesterday while making supper. I kept looking for things to nibble and taste. It was a battle, but I pretty much resisted.
I made eggplant roll-up things for supper last night, inspired by a recipe in a WW cookbook. It's like stuffed shells, only eggplant is the "shell". That was yummy and 3 points per roll up. I know I'll get curious and envious looks at lunch today.
I've found that 94% fat free popcorn is a delicious snack, but it wreaks havoc with my innards. OMG!! I hope my system will get used to it. Not the gas but the fiber and "clean out" process. I bought a BIG box of it and plan to use it as it wasn't cheap.
I wore some capris to work yesterday that I'd bought last spring. I had no room in them last spring and was happy to be able to wear someting sorta dressy that didn't have elastic. Now I have room in my pants. Not enough room to have a party in, but enough that I didn't feel hermetically sealed.
That reminds me of once upon a time when I was a "clerk" at a medical clinic. A lovely little old lady came to see the doctor. When asked by the nurse what she was seeing doctor for that day she responded, "I think I have affection in my Eureka." Poor dear.
Make it a great day.
Not Without A Fight
6 days ago



3 comments:
I BET you lose weight tonight, Linda! Boy, I relate to your 'battle' at dinner. I still have little ' fights' almost every day, but I remember well some of those early battles. I remember sitting out on my deck contemplating barbequeing some meat, and thinking what's the use, I only get to eat such a little bit. It was like a real grieving process. Now, I happily barbeque my meat, cut it into portion sizes, and freeze most of it so I can use it over time.
Yay or the pants fitting. You made me laugh out loud at 4 AM with your description!
Im with Debby but if you dont---who cares! (she types a bit fearfully) it's a new week, right friend?
here's to pants fitting and affectionless Eurekas.
Good luck on your weigh in, we are all cheering for you!
Post a Comment