Aaaagh. Clearly I'm not in the habit of getting here daily, but I will work on that.
I had so much knee pain that my inclination to not walk the dogs won out. So much for the streak. BUT, my knee feels much much much better today. Worth it? You bet.
Friday night I ran into some of my students at a production of Romeo and Juliet at my district high school. I totally couldn't help watching it from a director/theatre major point of view. Those kids worked hard, but it was kinda weak. I've always wanted to direct that show, and I know I could pull it off better than this production. I miss doing theater.
Saturday: went to hospital for x-rays of my feet and knee in preparation for appointments with ortho and podiatry. Then I got my hair cut - really really short. It was weird seeing myself without all that hair this morning. Stopped in to see my momma then came home. After a break I drove to the VA hospital about an hour from here to visit a friend. He dated my niece - the one who was killed in an accident in late October of 2009 - the last time she was in recovery and clean and sober. He's very weak and needy and more or less has no one but his addict and recovery people. I've become his surrogate mom. I can't quite put into words what it is like spending time with him - he's so messed up. He has his faith and that's about all. He feels like he abandoned my niece and it's his fault she relapsed and never regained her sobriety. I'm glad he in in treatment at the VA and can stay for as long as it takes. I can see that he needs to cut off all the addicts in his life, but he can't see it yet. I will definitely go back and see him so he knows he's not alone.
Today I'm taking my mom to a dinner theater. We are seeing Escanaba in da Moonlight. It's a great story but was not a great movie. One of my theater friends from high school has the lead role. It's cold and raining here, and I can't think of a better way to spend such a Sunday as this.
I haven't written an update yet of my situation. It's too hard emotionally to dredge it all up, so I'll perhaps give it here in pieces. IDK.
Make it a great day and thanks for stopping in.
An Expensive Egg
1 day ago

2 comments:
Sounds like a lot has happened, Linda - glad you have made it through everything, and I'll looking forward to your update.
My condolences on the loss of your niece. So sorry to hear this.
Oh my goodness, Linda. I'm so sorry for the loss of your niece. I know you loved her very much. What a tragedy. And how very nice of you to visit this poor guy. Keep looking up, Linda.
Post a Comment