Sunday, May 23, 2010

On my own terms

I can't believe it's been nearly a month since I last posted.  This time of year is insane for me - I wonder if all teachers get like this....probably.  For me it's that end-of-year over-drive comes into conflict with Little League and it's go go go.

I had a bit of an awakening yesterday.  I was cleaning the house and kept nagging myself about how much there was to do around here. That internal dialogue crap can drive ya crazy, if ya let it.  Well, I told myself to shut off the dialogue - and I did.

I felt so good and totally energized at the end of the day.  I cleaned a lot and did it on my terms - no pressure, no agenda, no rush rush rush. 

I made a point of eating well yesterday, too.

Sandwich for breaky. (Ha, I know, but was healthy)

Strawberries and yogurt for lunch.

Some turkey breast to tide me over.

Lamb chop, carmelized onions, peas, and quinoa for supper.

It's a weird day of eating for me because I didn't over eat. I made good choices.

I made a ton of quinoa and am having it like oatmeal for breaky.  I added milk and warmed it up. Added a bit us sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Then topped with lite yogurt and strawberries.  Sprinkled on a few nuts and raisin,and it ain't half bad.

I feel better in this moment than I have in a very long time. Not sure if it's the higher dose of anti-depressants or if it's just me turning a corner. I'm not questioning it, mind you. 

Well, I'm going to eat breaky and head for the garden. Must finish planting today!!

TTFN.
 PS - I'm having carpal tunnel surgery on June 8 - left hand.  July will be the right hand. Can't wait to have that over.

2 comments:

Shelley said...

I love it - don't question it, just enjoy feeling better!

Good luck with your surgery!

debby said...

I didn't remember you having carpal tunnel surgery. I will be interested to see how you do. I have carpal tunnel, but don't want to do surgery--just rest my hands often, and wear those braces at night when it gets bad.

Doesn't it feel good to have a day like that? Wish I could make it happen every day.

Hey--the quinoa for bfast thing--I have a recipe on my sidebar that I love. Here's the connection:
http://debbyweighsin.wordpress.com/recipes/fabulous-quinoa-breakfast/