A couple of weekends ago I took on the project of clean out a weedbed with some perennials in it. Below is the before. The quack grass is lush; almost tropical. The yucca plant in the middles is being choked out and the other flowering plants are invisible.
This is the after. I'm serious! Looking at the picture, even I can't tell they are the same spot. Now I can see the lilies, yucca, poppies and other real stuff. Below is a pic of my iris bed:I'll show some individual iris later. I'm fighting with blogger and picture placement.
I and mother nature have been busy. My garden looks pretty good. I need to start weeding more often, and I have to get my brother to bring tomato cages.
would you believe they are saying frost tonight? Ugh!
Make it a great day!
linda

3 comments:
Wow, that was a huge task, but look how pretty it is now! Great job - I dislike getting my hands dirty (worms, bugs, etc) but I'm good at buying the plants and directing my husband where to put them, lol!
Great job on the flower bed!!!
That looks terrific and I know from experience that gardening like this is one big calorie burner. Keep up the good work, love the blog.
jen
Boda Weight Loss Blog
Post a Comment