This is Hugh and I at the Madison Mallards for my birthday. It rained and rained, but we had fun. It was Wolverine night, so we got pics taken with the man. How'd you like to pick a wedgie with those things on your hands?
Hi friends. Welcome to day one of my next health and fitness adventure. Due to Ms. Fit-Carla's prompting, I joined the Go Red BetterU 12 week healthy makeover program.
My goals are here:
1. Walk for a minimum of 30 minutes every day
2. Eat heart healthy foods every single day.
3. No fast food between now and August 1. I already told Hugh we can't do it anymore. It's too expensive and expansive, if you know what I mean.
My obstacle is my own brain: I let my lazy-assed excuses over rule my knowledge of what it takes to lose weight and feel great.
Right now? I feel like CRAP. I have a headache and I'm tired.
BUT I did go out and do my 30 minute dog walk this morning. I also weeded the garden and a flower bed. I also went out and cut spinach and lettuce for lunch salads. I need to see if I can find more seeds so I can plant more lettuce.
ALSO - last week I had an eye exam. going to try contacts again. I have a weird astigmatism that apparently is not up and down or side to side but diagonal, so I need special contacts.
PLUS - today I am going to see a doctor for a girly physical exam. Will also schedule a mammo. I am going to talk to this doc about getting blood work done to check my stats. Also about the thyroid. And - don't be afraid people - about WLS... I know, I know, I know. But I am going to exam the options involved there. I hope this doctor supports the idea or at least the possibilities. My other doctor wouldn't, I don't think.
The good news is that in the meantime I am going to work on doing the weightloss thing the "right way" with diet and exercise. I promise. I really am
I harvested mint this morning and just put it in hot water to make a nice mint tea. I have got to get off soda - all soda, including diet. And I didn't use my artificial sweetener in my coffee this morning. Gonna try to get off that as well. Good thing Hugh leaves tonight for a week at his father's. He won't have to endure me being cranky.
The week won't be without challenges. Tomorrow my brother and I are supposed to go to a Mallard's game, and he wants to eat at Outback Steakhouse. I am smart enough to choose wisely and well.
Thursday I am supposed to go to LaCrosse for a UW Theatre Dept. reunion. There is a dinner prior to the show...And of course this week is July 4 week. I usually throw a shindig, but I decided that this year is my turn to not do that. I hate cleaning in advance and cleaning up after is even worse for me. So I can handle this.
I gotta run. Too much to do and not enough time. You all make it a great day. It may rain, but it may not....I'm going out to water my posies. ta ta for now!

4 comments:
Glad to see you back in full, Linda! Good job taking control of your health by scheduling your doctor visit. As for the WLS, only YOU can decide. I'm happy to hear that you are getting back to eating healthy - after the initial shock, you will feel so much better!
So good to see you back again, Linda. And good for you for realistic goals. Remember your mantra: NEVER GIVE UP!
I gotta do the doctor-eye doctor-dentist thing too. Other obligations kept me away for a few months, but I have no excuses left!
I haven't given up my artificial sweetener or sugar !00% but I have cut back seriously on the daily use of it. I really think life is easier without the constant tension that they cause. (the tension of 'I want more.')
Curious to see how you like the contacts. I have an astigmatism too, and wore one contact for a couple of years, but it wasn't completely satisfactory. Trying to decide if I want to give it another try.
So good to hear from you again, Linda!
YES!!!!!
Im so excited about all of it not to mention the photos!
Miz, who loves the promise of contacts but cant seem to find any truly comfy ones.
Glad to see you in this 12 week program. You can do without the fast food, can't remember the last time I had a burger or fries from one of those joints.
Post a Comment