Friday, June 26, 2009

RIP - Michael Jackson...

I know some folks think he was a twisted whack-job not worthy or mention, but I grew up with the man and admire his musical genius. He touched an entire generation (no pun intended) with his singing, dancing, and showmanship. His was a tragic existence -certainly he made some bad and unusual choices - but I forgive him for those things. When we heard about his untimely passing, I told my son - "I bet there were drugs involved." How said that our legends feel the need to medicate in order to function. Tragic indeed.

2 comments:

Brightcetera said...

His death sure shocked everyone. Came out of left field. I was just saying to someone after finding out Ed McMahon and Farrah had passed, I wonder who's next? It seems to happen in 3's.
When I was 10 or 11 I asked my sister to buy me the Jackson 5 cassette. She bought me the Osmonds instead. I was so bummed.

SOooooooo glad you're here again, Linda!!! I've really missed you.

Sheila K. said...

I loved Michael's music, too.