Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday - a day "off"

Ahhh, no running required Tuesday. Not the fitness kind, rather the kind that means I have to fly Hugh to town for baseball and fast food.

sunday was so good. I got a 2 mile walk in between rain showers and walked to the store and back as well. I ate smart and got in a lot of cleaning exercise. I roasted chicken and a slug of fresh veggies. I packed lunches for 2 days. I made cinnamon apples for 5 days.

Monday was so good...until baseball. I ate animal crackers - way too many. I got wicked hungry wicked fast and had to grab something because when my sugar drops sometimes I feel hungry=nauseated. Blah. I also ate fast food because it was late, I was stressed, and I didn't want to come home and cook.

NO MORE of that. I declared myself to Hugh. We will have dinner before going to baseball from now on. I have to stop squandering money on that junk. And I have to stop feeding us food that is bad bad bad.

Tonight I will walk the dogs after school. Yay!

Then I will put a nice pork tenderloin on the grill to make lunches for the rest of the week as well as to feed us supper. I need to roast/grill more veggies as well.

Hugh needs batting help, so I'll be working with him after all that as well. He gets all tense at the plate and strikes out. After 3 times doing that he threw a public fit, cried, swore, and was completely unbearable all evening. Ugh! I hate that he can't just shrug it off; instead, he takes it personally. He even said that all three pitchers pitched like crap to everyone except him. WHAT? Ugh. I suppose it's 10-year-old blaming, but I'm not putting up with a season of that drama. No way.

Well, today is a new day.

I took a gallon of green tea to school and set it on my desk. The kids were utterly fascinated - seriously. So I'm doing it again today. I only drank 2/3 of it yesterday. I can do better today.

make it a great one.
linda

4 comments:

BVar said...

Sounds like you have a great eating plan for the week.

Shelley said...

My son went through a similar batting crisis of confidence when he was about 12. We took him to the batting cages a lot, but what finally helped was getting a high school boy (that he knew through scouts) to work with him - something about a little peer pressure combined with admiration for an older boy seemed to do the trick. Hope Hugh gets over his fear soon. Has he been hit by a pitch recently?

Love your idea of cooking the tenderloin and using it for lunches! My lunches are almost always lacking, so I'm going to have to try your way (and we just so happen to have a tenderloin in the freezer!).

You are getting back on track and I'm glad for you!

new*me said...

green tea :).......it doesn't take much to amuse kiddos :)


My son is doing well on the batting but not so much on the catching. He has practice tonight so we'll see if all the practicing has paid off ;)

Hanlie said...

Just popping in to say "hi". I'm back online. Good luck with the eating plan!