Friday, April 10, 2009

Friday - Good...4.10.09

Hello Readers! I am double dipping in blogdom. I LOVE this blog, so i am keeping it but keeping it private. You who can get in are here cuz I want yaz here.

I'm getting my healthy groove on again. Yay.

Breakfast was a flaxmeal muffin with added dates and walnuts. All tolled it was 608 calories. A good start to the day.

When I get off here and dressed, I will take the K9s for our 2-mile walk. After that I will start working in the yard. It is a beautiful day here, so I am going to rake and lug leaves. If I can get it, I will till my garden spaces this weekend as well.

No plan for lunch as yet.

Last night I was fussing and fretting as I'm prone to during family holiday times. I want leg of lamb for dinner on Easter. It's been ages. So I was fussing about everyone else and would they eat it or criticize or, or, or....(insert hand wringing and hair-tearing) Then I realized that I was being completely stupid. Why did I put so much emphasis on what everyone else might or might not want. Why wasn't the fact that I wanted lamb enough for me to just go get it? What is wrong with me?

Apparently this is another one of my hang-ups. I never realized that I seek approval from my peeps this way. ~~~~~~~~ahhhhhhhhhh haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa~~~~~~~~

Do I really, really, really care? Well yeah, but SHOULD I? Heck no! No one called me to ask if it's okay to make carrot cake and jello salad with sugared jello; fatty,sugary whipped cream, etc. No one is going to ask if it's okay to put heavy cream and real butter in the mashed potatoes. So why the hell am I getting all bunged up about what they think?

I went and bought that lamb leg - 2 small roasts. I am going to cook them here in the slow-cooker. I may or may not share it with the rest of the family. I wanted it; I got it for me - NOT for them. I am also going to make a jello dessert/salad with sf jello and FF whipped topping and lite cherry pie filling. I will take some along just for me. Putting my choice to eat a little healthier ahead of my mom's need to eat high fat, high sugar foods is not wrong. I dont' want or need their approval.

it's always like this. My family has history of heart disease and diabetes, but we always eat high fat, low fiber, high calorie foods. Well, not me. Not this year. I will go armed with my own choices of healthy stuff. I will not apologize for it either.

Do you know that no one has even told me what time dinner is to be served yet? I have no idea. And guess what. I'm not going to ask. Someone had better let me know. My family makes me flipping crazy, but I'm not biting this year.

I'll let you know how that goes.

Make it a great and wonderful day, friends. I feel pretty good about my resolve. It can't hurt!

3 comments:

debby said...

Oh brother, Linda...families. MIne's not like that, but when I started eating healthier, it coincided with me being able to volunteer to cook the food (sis going through a divorce, step-mom too ill to cook) so that was good. But then of course I got snide or suspicious remarks from my sister about the 'health food.' Actually, Easter was one of those holidays that I used to insist on staying home (instead of traveling 3 hours to their area.) I wanted to go to my own church and enjoy the day. And I really did. I haven't done that for a while, but this year I am again. And I am really looking forward to it. Planning my special Easter dinner just the way I like it. Its not good to always do this, but once in a while its okay. If they didn't call to let me know the time, I'd be tempted to make a few of those delicious roasted potatoes described over on Miz's blog, and stay home and enjoy the day!

Glad to hear you're having some nice weather there. I actually enjoy raking in good weather. Its been rainy and cold here for a few days.

Hey, have you tried the yoplalit 'cinnamon roll' yogurt? Very good, with an apple cut up and a few walnuts and one date sprinkled on top! (that's what I was eating when I read your blog...)

Linda said...

That yogurt concoction sounds great. I will make a point of trying it next time I'm at the yogurt store and stock up. ;)

Sheila K. said...

Most everyone is eating healthier these days and those that don't are out of the loop, not hip and just silly! So ignore that stuff. They obviously don't know what's happening. Cook some great food, eat only the healthy stuff, and ignore their negativity. Happy Easter!