Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday - well-earned day off

As a concession to having long days w/PT conferences, we are granted a day off today. I have big plans for this weekend.

Today i will take Hugh's glasses in for repair - I'm hoping they can fix them. His father's dog chewed them up and ruined them, and of course I am left holding that bag. Grrr. Well, the bow fell off at school yesterday. We have an appt. for 3/9 but the kid needs to be able to see.

Late this morning I am having my taxes done. I have done them myself for the last three years, and I know I screwed them up at least once. I'm hoping I get money back from that - I should have claimed head of household but filed single and lost out on a giant chunk of $$. (Giant to me.) If things look good - i.e. I'm getting bigger than normal money back - I will begin in earnest to plan for a trip at spring break. I want to go to New Orleans and Hugh wants to go with me. I've been pricing it out...I want to stay in a hotel on Canal Street down near the Aquarium. We'll only be there Saturday, Sunday, Monday and leave on a Tuesday if we are able to go. If any of you folks live there, we should meet - if we go on said trip.

This afternoon I have to deliver H for another weekend w/father, who won't really even be home and is reffing a wrestling tournament tomorrow that H has to sit thru - b.o.r.i.n.g. This is someone's idea of "maximizing quality time". Hugh has 5 books to take along.

The biggest of my plans is to rearrange my upstairs. I have 2 rooms - mine and a junk room. The junk room has a door; mine doesn't. My cats have very naughty potty habits and seem to have taken to pissing on my bed which was new a year ago. Am I angry? You bet. I should throw all of the b-stards out the window, but I'm an idiot that way. So I am going to clean my bed today with a shampooer. I've been neutralizing the spots all along. I'm just DONE! So that's what I'll be doing after I deliver Hugh to school. Then I have to unload the linen closet. Once done w/that, my sweaters need to go in there. Then I can begin moving stuff in to my room. Ugh. Today I need to make room in the new room just for me and my bed. It's going to take forever to lug and tote and fetch, but it'll be a great workout, right? And keeping the cats from using my bed as a litter box is worth it.

I'd like to make my old room into a workout room. I'd have to take apart the elliptical to get it up there, but I can do that! I would be nice to have it out of my living room after all this time.

Yesterday was a good day. I did a 40 minute walk. Drank lots of coffee, water, and hot tea in the evening (thanks to the recommendation of bunch of people on other blogs). I tapped in to my flex points by 4, but that's what they are four. I made turkey, potatoes, and veggies for supper - I actually cooked! It was a good day.

Well, I have to run. Hugh's going to be late for school. OOPS.

Make it a great day!

7 comments:

debby said...

Morning, Linda. Man, I had a cat that would do that periodically...she was a purebred persian I got from some people who 'couldn't keep her anymore b/c of allergies' but I have an idea that they were allergic to pee on their bed. I put up with it quite a while, but when I came home at 10pm one night, and there was pee through 4 layers of a freshly made bed...well, she had an amazingly nice outdoor life for many years.

Anyways, your weekend sounds fun, sort of. I am sure you will fit in just a little 'me time' to sit and relax, watch a good movie or something like that. I like jolly time healthy pop kettle corn, and a small square of dark chocolate!

Have a great weekend.

Tricia said...

I am lazy so I would probably just get some manly-type over to take the door off one room and put it on the other. And still I wonder how I got to this weight...

Sounds like you'll be a busy girl this weekend, but progress rocks!

Hanlie said...

Have a great weekend! That cat thing - not cool!

MaryFran said...

Good luck with the kitty problem. Yikes! And I thought I had it bad because I have a cat that decides to do her business (number two) right outside of the liter box.....annoying. But you have me beat!

Good job on the water, walking and staying within your point allotment! (hey, that's what flex points are for!)

Lori said...

I so love New Orleans - I can recommend a great hotel - the Place D'armes. It's on St Ann street, right in the heart of the quarter, and you can easily walk to the aquarium from there (and Cafe du Monde!).

Anonymous said...

Wow, very productive! I'd be pissed (no pun intended!) too if the cats were doing that! The shampooer was a good idea!

Anonymous said...

late to the party but love the idea of a workout room.
especially in a COLD CLIMATE Id need that to keep me motivated not to skip when life makes it a pain in the a** to walk the dogs or drive!