I can't wait until I can post everyday - not that I'll have much to say, but at least I can reconnect.
Saturday - it rained. I worked in that flower bed. What a mess. But I think I won. I pulled almost everything.Found that the yucca wasn't dead. It was choked off. No picture of before and after yet. I'm waiting for the Iris to bloom. Then I can show both.
Sunday - did my Memorial Day duty and went to cemeteries with mother. Then went to get some mulch for the aforementioned flower bed. I planted my eggplant in there since I am out of room in the big garden. Mother came here for some major spring cleaning. I grilled a chicken; it was awesome! My potato salad was great. Also threw together a rhubarb dessert. I LOVE rhubarb.
Monday - I didn't do much. Laundry, I guess. Had to go retrieve the Hugh. Got some morel mushrooms. I'm not a huge fan. They grow wild. When I got home to clean the mushrooms I found them full of ants. THAT'S why I'm not a fan. Fungii are great but not when full of bugs. I salvaged them ant-free, I hope. Played catch with Hugh. Wish I was a pitcher so I can help him learn to pitch. He throws the ball so hard, it's a little scary...a little. And my knees are old. I wish we had a place where i can tape a target on a building for him to throw at. I don't even have a place to hang a tire to throw through.
Tuesday: cool and supposed to rain. Baseball this afternoon if not thundering and lightning. We'll see.
Take it easy this short week. I'll catch up later.
Linda
Not Without A Fight
6 days ago



4 comments:
Glad your garden is getting there! I gave up years ago trying - the animals kept eating everything RIGHT when everything was ripe!
Hope the rain stays away to get the ballgame in. My daughter just plays softball on my adult league now, but I miss the days when she played!
I cut some rhubarb off our huge plant on saturday, before our storms came, and diced and dehydrated them. we plan to add the rhubarb "powder" to strawberry preserves.
hope our garden didn't wash away. probably should go out and check.
Vee at www.veegettinghealthy.blogspot.com
and I dont even know what morel mushrooms are.
Im just not a fan of the schroom.
I shut my eyes and gag them down (quite grown up of me--I know) but dont seek them out as I should.
except the grilled portabello.
love me some grilled MISSPELLED portobello.
I love moral mushrooms, but didn't find any this year! Soaking them in that saltwater seems to kill those bugs!
Post a Comment