Saturday, May 2, 2009

Saturday - so much to do!

If you are a regular, you know that it's been difficult for me to get in here on a daily basis. I just have too much that I really want to do. I suppose part of my thing is that I'm not focussed on weightloss, food, health these days, and since this started out at that kind of blog, I feel like I have nothing to write about. So what you will get is some rambling about what is up over in here lately.

thursday i got to go to a workshop for yearbook advisers in La Crosse. I went to college there, and as I've written before, love that town. Each time I visit, I find myself wanting to be back there. Too bad jobs is scarce.

Hugh is gone this weekend meaning I can be utterly irresponsible. yay! too bad that doesn't happen. My goals today are broad: clean and hose down the basement. it's time. Plus a furnace guy wants to come and replace some recalled gizmo on the furnace. Frankly, NO ONE is getting down there until I get a handle on the dust, cob webs, cat fur, and general YUCK. It will be a great workout, trust me.

Goal two: clean up in the garden. I need to get on hands and knees and finish getting the big clumps of sod and weeds out of the garden. Then maybe I can get my bro to bring his small tiller and do one last fine till. I have cold-weather seeds to plant still in the pack.

Goal three: mow the lawn. Seems way too early, but I've got major grass growth and craziness out there. I need to mow and then throw down some seed where the dog's been tinkling. We've got yellow circles everywhere. My sweet boy discovered last summer that he is now tall enough to pee out his bedroom window. I didn't know it was going on until I was mowing one day and noticed a perfect oval of dead grass beneath his bedroom window. He wanted to faint when I busted him. Honestly, I know he's a normal boy, but peeing out the window because he can? Ugh!

If I achieve those goals, I have in the house to clean up. That can certainly wait until tomorrow. I think I'm going to grill steak this afternoon. I'll have worked hard enough to work off my breakfast and lunch, I assure you.

I also need to walk the dogs and would like to get in a bike ride. We'll see. The longer I sit here, the less likely I'll get anything else done today. : - ).

it's like that sometimes

5 comments:

Ron said...

Enjoy your weekend!!!

Hanlie said...

Peeing out the window because he can! That made me laugh out loud!

Have a great weekend!

new*me said...

sounds like with all your chores ahead, you will get in quite a workout! Wow...peeing out the window......aren't boy's scary?!

We are on our second grass mowing of the season.......Spring is awful trying to keep up with grass growth!

Angie (Losing It and Loving It) said...

WOW busy woman! Our grass is getting too tall and hubs was going to mow today but his knee aches. I normally do it but I have had a pinched nerve for over two weeks so I didn't do it but I'll most likely just suck it up and mow Tuesday.

Hope your steak was yummy! Sounds good to me.

carla said...

why do I think my delicate flower of a daughter might someday TRY the outthewindowpeeing.

how was the rest of your weekend?