hey folks!
Boy was yesterday something. It started out gray and ugly. Then got worse. LOL
Hugh had a game Friday night and pictures Saturday, so his uniform needed washing. I had him go with me to the basement for a laundry lesson. Saturday morning I got him up and told him to go to the basement to put his uniform in the dryer. He dragged and dragged his feet. Well, he finally did it and 20 minutes later I asked if his uniform was dry yet. He wondered how it could be since he had put it in the dryer but never turned it on. OMG! Who does that? My son, obviously. He didn't know how to try it on (an excuse, methinks) but then didn't bother asking because he "knew I wouldn't help him anyway." WHAT??? OMG again! I would never refuse to help; I would have given him directions and made him do the job alone, because it is high time he become a little more present in the doing of chores.
We head for the ball park 20 minutes late, him in a damp uniform. Half way there I really look at him, and he is wearing no glasses. "I couldn't find them." (Did he look, really look? NO.) So he got there LAST, almost missing his team pics. And no glasses. The men who coach his team thought it was funny and knew right away that I hadn't told him to TURN THE DRYER ON. The just knew I hadn't given him good instructions. (It's funny now - yesterday, no.)
Well we had to run right home, Hugh changed clothes in the car, and grab dog 2 and the glasses. We were off to do a walk with the Volksport people. We drove 7 miles to the next town, signed in, and got in the van to be taken to the beginning. SEVEN MILES BACK IN OUR HOME TOWN. I wanted to do the longer of the two walks, but I didn't realize it was from our town to the next. Well, we did it. I don't know how long it took, but we did it. If anyone asks, I will deny taking my son on a punitive forced march for finding my last nerve and dancing all over it with the dryer incident. Murphy-dog loved the walk - LOVED IT. Today I hurt so bad I feel like I've been run over. But ya know what? We finished. I don't even know how long it took us. I'm darned proud of us. We went home, dropped off Murphy, and ate bar-burgers for late lunch early dinner. YUM and well earned.
Today we got up and went out for breakfast. Then we got groceries and got me some new solar lights for the garden. Can't wait to make time to get them put out there. My brother hosted a cookout this afternoon. When we got home, Hugh and I mowed our lawn. I may have to go buy a small mower for that Hugh. He did great! We both got exercise walking again today.
My house is a mess, I have laundry to do, and it's 8:20. I'm heading for bed soon.
Tomorrow I get to write curriculum with the English Dept. It is long over due, but I'm not looking forward to it. ONE of us is very difficult to work with and every time we've tried getting the job done that ONE person wrecks it. I may just snap tomorrow if that one person starts up being difficult. I just can't stand it - either get on board or get the hell out of the way if my attitude.
I hope you all have a great week. I have less than a month less by the calendar. Yay!
TTFN.
Not Without A Fight
6 days ago



2 comments:
Sounds like you had a busy but fun
weekend, Glad you could enjoy it!
Hang in there - as you say, summer is almost here!
I left something for you on my blog!
Post a Comment