Monday, January 5, 2009

Monday - extended vacay by one sick day

he heee - that rhymed!

Hugh was sick all Xmas Vacay. pffffft! I took him in for strep a couple of weeks ago. Last Monday it was his right ear - "just fluid built up"; this morning it is fever - now going on 3rd day or so. Low grade fever, congestion, cough, hack, bark. So we wait. I called in sick to stay home with him. We had a 2-hour delay which would make for a quick day, but a chaotic one for a sub, but we had that freezing rain jazz Saturday into Sunday and everything is ice-covered. I couldn't see getting my 70 year old mother out on roads and sidewalks covered with ice. And they did cancel Hugh's school. I'm sure the side roads are an icy "glazed-donut" mess.

I am bored. B.O.R.E.D. I have swept and mopped the dining room and living room. I have surfed the net ad-nauseum. I did my 30 minute walk this morning. I did my crunches for the day. I am going to go do that Sansone Walk Strong thing that kicked my butt in a few. Seriously, I thought it was rather silly-that video - but it caught muscles in my legs that I've apparently been neglecting since I quit the gym. I have to play Wii later. Maybe at 3:00 when Dr. Phil comes on. I am rabidly awaiting today's Oprah.

I made Hugh take a shower and when he came out he had hives on his legs and one are. It was weird. He didn't even know they were there. They now appear to be gone. Go figure. Maybe from the ibuprofen from what I saw on the net.

I do have some papers to finish grading. It doesn't take long once I get going, but I have a heck of a time with the "get going" part.

Just like I need to go to the store for a couple of butternut squash so I can stockpile that yumski ravioli filling. It's 27* according to the thermometer, but according to the wind chill - like 10*. I don't want to bundle up. Also the sidewalks beyond my house are icy...that's what I need - speed skating practice...it would probably become ice dancing by the corner, and I'm sure the old farts at the corner gas station would be glad to stand in as judges for my performance...I will risk it, because tomorrow is weigh in and I need some comfort food that is low-points.

I'm not sure where the scale will find me. I am sure that school starting up again will help because of the structure and limited access to food while there.

I hope you all are having a fine and dandy day. I'm still BORED. tatafornow!

UPDATE: it's almost 2:00 here. I got the squash; it's in the oven now. Had lunch of turkey and leftover squash from the weekend. Just finished Sansone Walk Strong. Sweating!!! Feels good to do strength again. Going to indulge in brainless fluff with Guiding Light in a bit. 3:00 is Wii Fit time. whootwhoot

5 comments:

Lost Half of Me said...

I feel for you with all the ice and snow. We just returned from vacation in Michigan and the icy roads were so stressful. I was so glad to get back to Florida weather! We got the kiddies a Wii Fit for Christmas and I think we like it as much as they do. lol Hubby and I have committed to doing the gym during the day and every night trying to do at least 30 minutes on the Wii Fit. That thing is addicting! And boy do you get a workout from the Super Hula Hoop!

carla said...

ahhhh mamahood.
I see many of those days in my future.

youre a great mother.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear Hugh was sick. That is no fun.

Glad to hear you were able to get out for your squash and way to go on your workouts. WOW you are really kickin it.

We are thinking about getting Wii Fit but I'm still not sure. I can get super bored with Wii at times and I don't want to waste money on it if I won't use it. Decisions, decisions.

Ron said...

I complain because its 20 degrees here. Can you imaginge what I would sound like if we had the ice!!! I hate winter LOL

carla said...

hows hugh feeling?