Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Tuesday - Weigh in

-.8

Gee, that sounds familiar.

"A loss is a loss..."

I know. It's just really disappointing that after working out for the last 6/7 days and eating all kinds of veggies and weighing and measuring, that's all I can manage.

A loss is a loss, but it still feels like failure.

I have to eat fewer points and resist using my flex points. I'm thinking "core" here so that I stay out of some of thing things I've come to eat of habit - like oatmeal w/pb - out for now. I'm going to do oatmeal with almonds instead and count the almonds.

Lunches are easy because I pre-pack my weighed and measured portions.

I will drink way more water and way less diet soda. Sodium, maybe?

Supper - tougher because there are few constraints, but I WILL register a loss next week beyond a pound.

I will step up my workouts and get in a full 60 minutes per day.

I can't stand the failure feeling, but I am resigning myself to the idea that I can't afford flex points. I think I will also log in to daily plate or something and see how many calories I am eating. I'm certainly curious.

It's 7 p.m. and already -8* here. Booo.

I will have to get that pic taken of my pretty pink boots, so you all can see. LOL The kids at school have boot envy.

I do want to mention that I made my "sweaty picture" from the other day my profile pic here, on Facebook, and on Myspace. I have gotten some very positive feedback on how my form is changing. My niece who was here at Christmas had to look at it a second time, and then she thought it was from a long time ago. It's very rare that I find a picture of me that I can live with. So - progress is progress, and I'll take it where I can get it.

Make it a great one!
LInda

11 comments:

Tamzin said...

I hear you loud and clear on the small loses. Its tough - but sounds like you are doing great!

keep it up!! :D

Ron said...

Congrats on the loss!.... You may want to try and give up the diet soda and replace it with water with lemon..I quit drinking diet soda over a year ago, water with lemon is so much better and I think it has helped with my weight loss!

Brightcetera said...

I love your profile pic, Linda!

debby said...

I will quote you to you, Linda: "NEVER GIVE UP!"

And I love that pic of you too. You really look healthy and fit!

Anonymous said...

I love that debby quoted YOU to YOU...nothing more powerful IMO.

and it is a loss...as much as it isnt what you might have wanted it's a loss which will stick around.

*sigh*
this isnt helpful is it? :)

Miz.

Linda said...

Hi kids.

Miz - it is helpful knowing people are listening.

And I am not giving up, darn it. NEVER!

I am owning that I didn't do 100% well on food - I over ate even when healthy and that has to stop. I own that. I have to fix it. I will.

Ria said...

Congratulations on the loss, and good for you for examining your plan to see how you can tweak it to get better results.

When I get frustrated with smaller losses than I want, I envision the loss in terms of volume. Looked at that way, you evicted THREE sticks of butter from your body last week - that's quite a lot bulk gone!

Anonymous said...

You are so GREAT about doing your exercise! Once you get the calorie thing down, the weight is going to literally fall off faster than you will believe!

gizmogirl said...

Good luck with the additional changes. Maybe try some intervals in your cardio too - fast/slower/fast/slower - not necessarily adding a lot more time.

theantijared said...

Who is that young women in your profile pic :)

Hey, I am proof that a loss is a loss! Awesome job!

Unknown said...

Linda you are so upbeat. I hate to see you down on yourself. But I am happy to see how you have your plan all mapped out! I wish I could be as organized as you. You always have your food premeasured.