Hot dogs could or could not be the devil. I like them, but I don't go out of my way for them. Today the BallPark Franks were the lesser of all evils - Not exactly "Mr. Right", but more like "Mr. Right Now."
I got up this morning and started cleaning my house. If you saw the intro survey thread thing I did, you know that I have 7 cats, 2 dogs, and if I didn't mention it, one almost-10-year-old-hurricane, Hugh. Among them they have the power to take a clean house and fur-junk it up in no time at all. This round of cleaning will be a mini-series of sorts.
Today was about goals and doing things by the clock.
Goal 1: get up at 5:30. NOT! I got up at 7:00. I think I have sleep apnea rebound. I went w/out my CPAP while out of town, and I am dang tired. But I did get up and get going.
Goal 2: Walk doggies right away while coffee is brewing. Check! A+ on that goal.
Goal 3: Clean kitchen and floors in both kitchen and living room. I did that as well! A- for a grade because I didn't get everything mopped.
Goal 4: Water flower gardens, pots, and big garden early. A on that one. No plus cuz I didn't put the hose away. I will have to water tomorrow, so why bother?
Goal 5: Be at the gym by 10:00. B- there. I left at 10:00 and got there about 10:25. I had to stop and get 2 more pairs of this AWESOME capri things. I bought size 2x and were almost too big, so I went back for another 2X and a 1X for later!! I bought me a t-shirt for $4 that says "Life is Short...eat dessert first." Thought that was too cute. I don't eat dessert much these days. Dang!
That all done by noon, I ran out of goals.
I did a "short circuit" at the gym, meaning that I did all the machines but only 1 set of each thing. Then I climbed on the elliptical because my trainer told me to start trying to cross train. OMG. I have an elliptical at home. I'm not a fan of the beast. The one at the gym kicked my ass. I only stayed on five minutes. I felt like my legs were made of jello when I dismounted. I'm sure my body enjoyed it immensely or was simply confused by the unusual movements going on, but that is just a guess. Sheesh. I then did 35 minutes on the treadmill, a machine unknown to me 3 months ago that has become my friend. I pushed myself to rev that sucker up to 3.5 and I even added an incline for some of my level 3.2 walk. Readers who are unfamiliar with being 295 pounds might think that 3.5 ain't much, but I started at 2.8 and when I started 3.5 meant running for me. I can now do that 3.5 without having to run. It just means that I am making progress. When I think about the biggest loser and Jillian screaming at "Lazy Neil" to let go - AAACK~ Some day I will be running. At least I don't have to hold on or want to hold on the whole time I am walking. I find it annoying when people hold on - yes, Mizfits, it was ME who brought that subject to the table. I also managed to do 2 sets of 15 of those horrible back exercises on the "Roman Chair" - back extensions? I could barely do one set of 10 when I started! Today I was proud of me for that.
I've been avoiding my trainer because July was a month of slacking. I've been doing my program adding more weight as I felt less and less challenged by the starting numbers she gave me. I'll be seeing her on Tuesday to measure, weigh, and reassess everything about my program. She says she can see the difference in me physically. I know my clothes fit differently and I can wear some smaller sizes, but I still see that same number on the scale and since it keeps going back to 295, I don't feel like I am getting results. I know that the scale isn't a true measure of my success....I know.....We all know.....
Okay - hot dogs. I had to be at the ball park to help run concessions from noon until 3:00. Well, I arrived at the crack of noon. Things were going nuts. I looked at the grill and it looked at me, and we hooked up. I cooked burgers, dogs, and brats while the women inside sold the stuff - I didn't want to do math or get in the middle of their business. I arrived sweaty, dressed in my new t-shirt and spiffy workout capris. I left their sweat and covered with the grease of grilled meat. Ick. I smell like a greasy grill. The dogs were glad to see me and were appreciative of my new odor. I'll shower soon. I had eaten fruit and chicken breast meat before I went to the gym, but I kinda forgot that I'd be at the park for 3 hours (plus the half hour I stayed over cuz one of the people on the next shift didn't show up.) I got hungry -- really really really hungry. I tried a lemonade Gatorade after grilling in the hot sun for an hour...that took the edge off, but I had to eat. The choices were all bad. So I ate the hot dogs -- two of them, one cold and one cooked. At least that's all I had. No bun, no pizza, no brat or burger, no popcorn cooked in palm oil....just the naked doggies. No guilt for me. I could have packed some lunch, but that's so not me. LOL I prefer to live on the edge.
I'm not sure what supper is going to be. I think I will look here http://www.georgesrecipes.blogspot.com/ for an idea (Thank you Carla!) I have a date with the doggies for a little later. We are going to step it up to 2-a-day walks again so I can meet my 90 minutes of fitness every day in August goal.
I feel really good about today. (Oh and "that time of the month" showed up unexpectedly, so that is one more thing to cross of the list for August!) I can't wait until tomorrow. Gonna get to the gym early and lift again (Shhh, don't tell the trainer!)
thanks for reading.
Fat Don't Wrinkle
Not Without A Fight
6 days ago



8 comments:
Yay for you listening to what your body needed and giving it the best fuel available. :)
I want new cute capris. Sigh. I am on a very strict spending diet, so no such fun for me.
I know that you're telling yourself this and have heard it a zillion times, but muscle weighs a lot, sista. (I can call you that cuz we're mizfits) I followed Mizfit's advice and threw away my scale. So I measure once a month and get weighed when I go to the doctor's office. It made my trip to get stitches out (cut my finger on chicken breasts--evil healthy food) surprisingly fun. :)
thanks for that!
Sorry about the spelling errors. Maybe no one will notice.
?
And thanks about the scale...I know.
I know.
I know.
Hi there. I just found your blog! I am also on fitness day 2 today! All of these weight loss blogs are so inspiring... I started my own. MAN, I hope I stick with it!
Good for you on sticking it to those goals. Mother nature is kicking my butt right now so my 4 mile walk tonight turned into an hour and a half. Ugh. I made a small goal to get in 60 miles this month which should be easy since I usually can do 2 a day anyways when I do it. Now I have catching up to do and so the pressure is on. Also tomorrow I start my "OH S**T, I'm turning 30" training so I need to start getting up at the butt crack of dawn myself to fit that in. Have a great day 3.
Happy Training,
Love Jenn
Good luck!!!
Hey, have you heard of the blog Cranky Fitness? You might like what Crabby McSlacker (the blogger) has to say!
Here's the site: http://www.crankyfitness.com/
I'm also doing what I can to be healthier, and to lose weight, and one of those things is by starting my own support group, and reading dieting blogs (which I also suggest to my group). Feel free to stop by my blog some time, and have a great day.
(waves to heather :))
how you do it with the pets Ill never know...for some reason even always vacuuming doesnt help with the hair (and I have that dyson pethair vac!)
happy sunday.
loved your Mister Right Now sentiment :)
Miz.
it sounds like you're making awesome progress at the gym, and being able to renew your determination every day is a huge factor.
keep it going!!
Hi there... I'm a lurker! ;-)
I love that you got a shirt that says "Life is Short...eat dessert first." That is so cute! I myself own a hoodie that has donuts and the phrase "mmmmmh!" printed all over it, and I never eat donuts. I do fantasize about them a great deal.
Anyway, I really enjoy your blog, it's very authentic and inspiring!
Post a Comment