Recent events have made me lose track of days...I hate when that happens because I feel all out of joint.
I went back to they gym yesterday, and I am paying for it today. It's that good pain from using muscles wisely and well. Today I will head back and pound out some serious cardio while my son is at football practice. I am proud to say that I didn't gain any weight over the last couple of days. I easily could have eaten anything in sight. In fact, I have a big chocolate bar in my purse that I forgot about. NOT needing to polish that off tells me that I am not being obsessed by food right now.
Actually I am more obsessed about finding out how I can help my niece. She had her court hearing, and she was ordered back to psych. Now I need the social worker to find her a treatment facility and the money to do the treatment. The kid's got nothing. I am going to search the Internet for any information available to get her help. I emailed doctor Phil. I will also email everyone else under the sun in Hollywood asking for help.
Thank you for being supportive, readers. I need prayers for her and for finding money and a bed in a facility. Prayers for my own focus wouldn't hurt either.
Thank God Fat Don't Wrinkle.
I Bit the Bullet
3 days ago



4 comments:
Sending you the biggest cyber-hug EVER!
I'm so proud of you for holding onto your self-loving behaviors through this super-traumatic week. You deserve a long soak in a bubble bath or an hour with a super-yum-worthy novel (or just some Michael Phelps Olympic coverage--talk about yum!).
Just remember--if you do some comfort eating, it's not because you're weak or bad. Comfort eating is a misguided attempt to nurture yourself, so while it isn't a great idea and the consequences can be very NOT self-love . . . you are doing something much more loving than the kind of misery management your poor niece found. So, for me at least, I never yell at myself or even resist when I want some comfort food. It's more beneficial to think "oh you poor darling! I'm so sorry you feel so unhappy that you want to feel better by eating. Of course you can if you want! Is there anything else that would make you feel even better than food would?" Sometimes I still eat. But usually a nap or a book or a bath sounds much better.
And remember that I'm sending you lots of prayers and hugs and good thoughts.
i hope you do find some help for your niece, that must be hard :(
i'll keep her in my thoughts!
sorry to hear about your niece. I will keep her in my prayers....and you too :)
hope you have the opportunity for some YOU TIME this weekend.
to chill.
relax.
replenish.
Post a Comment