Have you ever heard of "True Colors"? It's sort of a personality thing where you answer some questions that determine some things about our personalities. Long story short - I am a green. Greens like to work independently. We love challenges. We love projects on our own. When we accomplish a challenge, we ask for another one. We don't need warm fuzzy's; we don't need lots of rules, just get out of the way.
I am on the village board in my tiny little town, and our community action group is building a new park shelter. I didn't want to join the group, because I have enough on my plate already. However, I do want to see this shelter completed, so I am helping. Tonight was a work night. No one showed up to help the one guy because it was too wet. One guy happened to stop down to see what was going on, and he got sucked in. John had to leave for a bit, and I said - what needs doing? He looked at me. "I'm not allergic to a little work," I said. So he told me to shovel dirt from around the foundation they just poured so the concrete forms can be removed. Then he left. So I shoveled. I know he didn't think I could or would do much of anything. I hate that about people judging me. THEY see the fat lady, but they don't see the GREEN LADY. I could see the doubt on the guys face when he left, so I was even more determined to work that shovel to a stub. By the time he got back, he was able to go on to the next step - I was a MACHINE!! Now I am hot and stinky and starting to ache again, but I feel victorious and accomplished. And I think I got a little new-found respect from the two men that stayed to work. BOOOYAH!
Lightbulb flickering here - Knowing that I am a green now, I should work on myself as short term projects. I guess that is what I am doing with my "31 days of fitness" approach. All I need to do is get to the gym for 31 days straight...mission accomplished.
Tomorrow my trainer is going to reassess my progress and we'll give me a newish program to work toward some new results. I am excited about that.
I did 10 minutes on the elliptical today, plus 30 minutes on the treadmill pushing myself up to 3.5 which is great for me - I was having to run at that 3 months ago. Then I got on a bicycle thing and did 7 minutes. Hadn't tried it before, but I really liked it. I just didn't have any gumption left at the end of the ride. No weights today - pain in right shoulder and neck...musta slept weird or something.
Food was good today, in fact a little low, but I'm okay with that. I was eating so high last month that this is like a test of my will. It also shows me that I can eat a ton and be full yet be low on cals. LOVE ME SOME ZUCCHINI! And it came from my garden.
Gonna go shower off and hit the couch. Gonna have me some sugar free fat free Kraft Jell-o vanilla pudding, too.
Fat Don't Wrinkle!
Not Without A Fight
6 days ago



5 comments:
People tend to judge by looks alone, and I hate it too. I am a hard worker thank you very much. I am strong and tough and can do a lot of things that people always assume that I can't.
Green huh!?! Where do I find this test?
Jenn
I'm green too!
Everyone at work makes fun of me about it because they are all blue. There is a big misconception around the office that green people aren't good people people (if that makes any sense). In fact, I almost didn't get hired for my current position because they consider me to be "not approachable" (I help train new-hires.. they have lots of questions... need to be able to feel comfortable asking me.. yada... yada).
Anyway, I thought it was interesting how you turned being green around and made it cool.
i'm with christie - i love that you are looking at being "green" in such a productive way! and way to show those silly men how to get things done!!
we did this exercise at work, and i'm "gold" by a longshot. i always think it's so interesting to see how accurate these kinds of things are.
mmmm...we have been eating lots of zucchini too from my mom and dad's garden. Sounds like you are doing great! Hey you got a good workout in and it helped others in the process. Good job ;)
Thanks for adding me to your blog roll.......I need to get one going too!
Omg. I could never motivate myself to go to the gym every day. I'm happy if I can make it three days a week. Major Props to you!
Post a Comment