Thursday, April 22, 2010

4-day streak...it's a start

On the one hand, it seems pretty lame that I'm proud of getting up and walking the dogs for the 4th day in a row. However, on the other hand, considering that I've been in park for about 6 months, 4 days is a good thing.  I have to start  somewhere, right?

I used my home-canned spaghetti sauce last night to make spag. sauce with some ground turkey. With enough seasoning and doctoring, I scored big with myself.  I even put back some of the giant serving of pasta I served myself (I gotta start somewhere!) 

I also made it thru yesterday without my daily dose of Diet Pepsi.  I always have coffee in the morning and feel the need for a soda mid-morning.  Knowing how much sodium is in this stuff, I figured it would be a good idea to phase out the pop and phase in the water. (Gotta start somewhere, yes?)

I also took the boy-wonder-dog Murphy with me to baseball practice.  We walked for about 45 minutes.  I"m proud of that, too. My evil twin kept trying to cut us some slack, but I managed to shut her up. : 0 )

Feet still hurt. Knee felt better this morning until I took the walk, but I'm going to tough it out.

Mizfit asked me if I feel like I've burst into the daylight of revelation (my words, not hers). Answer: Not really. I feel like I"ve come out of a cave all squinty-eyed and am just getting used to the light again. (I presume bears do that.)

Happy Earth Day.

Make it a great one...or not. The choice is yours.

linda

3 comments:

MaryFran said...

Loved it.....you gotta start somewhere and it sounds like you are doing a great job!!!!

Shelley said...

Hey Linda - I saw your comment at Debby's and I'm glad to see you back!

Larkspur said...

I was so happy to see you back! Good work on the dog walking!