Hi everyone.
It seems that my fitness regimine is suddenly all about work work work, and I mean physical labor. I mentioned the other day that I have a yard project. I'll drop in some before pictures momentarily. Above is my before. All that grass is going. I am going to put perennials in there. I'm hoping I can find some good sales. We found some treasures at the dump, too, that will end up adorning the corner of the yard. yeee haaa.
On top of that I am doing my driveway. Yesterday I broomed and hosed the whole thing. I also edged it by hand with a shovel, a knife and a bucket. Up and down and streeetch! It looks good. Today I go out to fill in cracks...~snort~...send your plumber friends my way....mwahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Whew!
Next, you will see a few of my lilies. It's peak for them, and they are beautiful. I have more pics and will share later. I love my garden, and the ol' thumbs seem quite green this year.

These are the raspberries that grow right in my back yard thanks to the birds who pooped the seeds under my mock orange bush. They are loaded this year!!! This is just one runner

My associate - the Hugh - is a great berry picker. We have about 4 pints of berries in the freezer already. I oughta go out again today and pick before the birds get them. Hugh is on vacation, so I'm on my own.A friend asked me to join WW again. I told her I have to wait and see how the job thing pans out. It can't hurt, but I hate haate haaaaaaaaaate spending money that way. She had WLS a few years ago and now needs something to help her maintain. I'm thinking about it.
Wellllll, I have to get going to the driveway before it gets too hot. I roasted yesterday. Oh, and I'm slowly cleaning out and reorganizing the garage. I have a lot of JUNK!
Make it a greeeeeeeeeeeeeat day people.
TTFN.



9 comments:
Hey - getting exercise the old fashioned way is still exercise, so more power to you!!!
That's the best way to get exercise!
Yard work is great exercise to!!! Have a great day
I'm envious of your end results (thank you for sharing the pictures and I'm drooling over the fresh berries) but not the hard work that goes into it. :) WTG!
Yard work is hard, physical labor. It definitely counts as exercise!
Beautiful lillies. Love the pics.
That's the best kind of exercise....you get to see what you accomplished :)
I think this is what people used to do to stay thin ... live life.
it's going to look pretty fresh around your homestead. keep the pics coming!
haha ... my word ver. is "panic"
does your associate take on contract work?
Id love a hand up in herre---my associate isnt too good a laborer.
yet.
You know, I stress about not doing any 'formal exercise' but when I look at it, I am busy. Gardening, lawn work, like you raspberry picking and as the garden produce is coming in...canning and preserving that! So I guess I am being quite active.
Post a Comment