Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve morning and WI info...yikes

I gained 5 lbs in a week, according to the WW scale. Do I believe I gained that kind of weight? No. Did I sabotage my own body thru festive eating so that every bite is taking it's completely sweet time getting out of my system? Yes. Am i backed up and FULL? Yes. Do I feel lousy? Yes. And I did it to myself. So even though the scale says +5, I'm going forward undaunted. In fact, today is day one on WW.

How am I going to make it thru today and tomorrow and stay true to the WW thing? I guess the best i can do is eat reasonably and make sure I keep track of what I am eating. I haven't done that for two weeks. Yep - two weeks since I logged on and plugged in my food. Duh. I need to acknowlegde my bad eating by documenting. Today I know I am going out for a few cocktails after church. There will be free food. I just need to be sure that I engage brain while sitting there.

They do this cool thing with a chocolate fondue fountain - at least they did last year. Twelve Days of Christmas: poundcake and fruit, plus chocolate fondue. 12 different liqeuers to dunk the poundcake in prior to chocolate application. YUM! Fun! I just need to be reasonable. Think. Reason. or not. LOL See how quickly my iron will rusts? Tis the season.

I'm a little sad. Hugh will be here for Xmas Eve and Xmas morning, but I have to take him to meet up with his father by noon. Hugh is not happy that he will miss out on our Christmas. It's really hard having Christmas traditions under the circumstances. So I will make a nice breakfast tomorrow morning - waffles, bacon, OJ, strawberries. We'll do presents. We'll hit the road. Humbug. The plus side is that I will get to spend some quiet time doing nothing come Xmas evening and the next day. My niece will be home from college which will be nice. But I'll miss my boy. The crud of it is that I traded weekends w/his father so they could spend quality time and the whole weekend w/Hugh. Well, Friday or Saturday they will come back down here to grandpa's house and Saturday his father will go back home because he has Packers tickets. Hugh will be left at Grandpa's and delivered here on Sunday. I think they treat their dog better than they treat Hugh. But I can do NOTHING about that. I can't even say anything because it will start a war. Gee, wonder why I"m stressed. Oh and this is the second time this month that they got Packers tickets and farmed Hugh out so they could go to the game. Oh well, I just deal with the fallout.

I better get up and get moving. BagLady asked this week about what other people might collect. I'll put up pics of my santas later. I'm sort of starting to collect nativity things, too. I love the variety of interpretations of just what that might have looked like. Got one for my niece for Xmas.

If you can't be with the one you love, then love the ones your with, people. Happy holidays from the Cham-Cratchets.

4 comments:

Ron said...

so you were up a little at WI! It's the holiday season. Sounds like you are enjoying it!

Anonymous said...

Your advice to yourself about engaging your brain during social outings is KEY. I'm going to try really hard to do that myself. Sorry about the family drama, but enjoy your holiday! You'll have a great Christmas eve and breakfast!

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Linda! Make some pumpkin custard or whatever it is that you enjoy (low-cal) to fill in the spots between the higher-cal sweets. And enjoy yourself during your quiet Christmas afternoon.

Conny said...

I think it's very nice that you'll make Hugh a special breakfast on Christmas morning, that's a tradition in itself. We used to do the same for our Miss Amy when she was young before going to her mom's house. She's home from college on break, and Dad will again be making her something special for breakfast tomorrow.

Hugh will remember the holidays he spends with you all his life, that he got to spend quality time with YOU. :>)

Have a great Christmas.