Monday, September 1, 2008

Monday Revisited!

We went on our hike in the woods - again! That's Hugh (above) with our doggies. We each had a turn climbing on the rock to take pics with the doggies.



We had a good day. I actually stayed comfortably under my allowed calories today! Yay! First time in a long time. The key? Drinking tons of water...really.

Hugh and I went back to the woods with the dogs, as mentioned above. All four of us loved it! That's me with Murphy (black and white guy) and Kailey (black with dalmation dots). Our kids love the woods. Kailey got so hot she flopped down in the spring we crossed later just to cool off. She's such a baby that I was surprised by her eagerness to be in that water. The hat is by no means a fashion statemet - but it does keep the bugs off my head.
In the afternoon we went to my brother's for a cookout. I survived. I admit that I had to skip eating lunch to do it, but staying under my calores was my big goal for the day. This is huge progress for me. The scale says I have lost four pounds, but I don't know what to believe. "Aunt Flo" did finally skid into town, so I'm hoping when she leaves I'll be down a couple of real pounds.
I am feeling really good about how things went today, and I know I've made a good start on 30 new days of health.
TTFN!
linda












4 comments:

new*me said...

great pics of the pups,you and Hugh Linda! Your walk looks so much more exciting than my prairie walk :) Good job on staying in your calorie range for the day even with a cookout! Awesome weight loss for the week too. Aunt Flo decided to visit here today ---a few unexpected days early! I guess my long walk confused the hormones.

carla said...

I'm so happy to finally have pics!

Oh
Yes
And about your feelingthefearwalk (wink).

I've just been longing to wave at Hugh since you first started coming to MizFit.

Have a great day, Linda.


MizFit

Jenn said...

I stayed under calories yesterday too. I had to be really careful at my bbq to do it but it helped that I burned off like 900 cals yesterday morning when I worked out. That Hugh is a cutie and so are your dogs.

Have a great tuesday.
Jenn

Lyn said...

Oh I LOVE to hike!! It's the best because it doesn't even feel like exercise! (Glad I could find you again, lol).