Anyone, anyone
Buehler?
Well, it was a pretty good day. To start with we didn't do school. That meant that I had time to sleep in and catch up on the chores I didn't get done Saturday and Sunday. I also got Hugh involved in some of that.
One of my solutions to our problem - and yes I say "our" problem because I am part of it and part of the solution and since I"m the adult in the house and in charge I partially own it - (ahem) is structure. It is going to kill me and make me stronger all at once. I LIKE my loosey goosey approach to all things household. However, I have allowed too much loose in the goose and things are chaotic and a damned mess. So we are in hot pursuit of structure. This imposition of the "s-word" (structure) is also going to build lots of character for Hugh.
For instance: he needs to read 30 minutes a night. I am giving him 15 for reading his Nick Magazine, but he has a book for school to read. In 7 minutes WWE comes on. He cannot watch that until the 15 minutes of reading is over. Bummer. (Update - he is reading, but I shut the TV off.)
He is also going to get up at 6:15 daily. He has to get dressed and be ready to head to the sitter before he can put the TV on. We will leave the house at 6:55. If he is not ready, I will grab whatever he needs and he can dress or pack or whatever in the car or on the street or on the porch of "Grammie's". I will do it. I have before. I can't be late for work. If he gets up w/out hassle for 5 days in a row, he gets his Wii controllers back. I LOVE taking hostages. Last night I imprisoned the WWE action figures until he could earn them back by vaccuming his room. It was almost 10:00 this morning before he finished his job. Another new structural change is using the sleep mode on his TV. When he goes to bed, we will set it for 90 minutes. We need to see if he sleeps better w/out the stupid thing blaring all night. He also has to clean up his toys before bed. We'll see how that goes.
I got him an Rx today for helping with bedwetting. He is almost grown out of it, but he is so bummed by the problem...enough is enough. We will try one pill a night and see how it goes, then up the dose if he wets. I think it will take one more piece of stress off of him and boost his esteem. I hope so, anyway. He would like to have his buddy spend the night and be invited to spend nights away with friends. This should help; it's been an issue so far so he won't even ask for sleepovers. He just has to watch how late he consumes beverages and always pee before bed. Mom tells me that I wet the bed a long time too. Damn genetics!
I made it the the gym for my strength circuit. Had a talk with a gal from high school about careers and finding your passion. I am pretty cranky and not particularly happy these days. (What a surprise, right?) But I think it's because of my job. I'm not sure I want to be teaching. Problem is, I don't know what the heck else I'd do that pays this well, has good benefits, and has summers off while my son is still a young'un. IDK... I don't have money to go after another degree. Ideas? It was nice talking to someone who is so optimistic. She advises me to pray on it. So pray I shall. Perhaps I will get answers unexpected.
Hugh had football tonight. We got ready and in the car and were pulling out of the drive at 5:05 when he realized he was supposed to be there already. They changed the time and he didn't tell me. Why would the coach with a 10 year old tell the kids and not the parents? He doesn't get that these are BOYS! Ugh. Cool thing - I didn't lose my cool. I stayed calm. It wasn't my bad, or my problem. We got there. Late. No big deal. I am going to explode with this holding in how I really feel. LOL Naaah. I need to NOT over-react. It's less stressful for everyone.
Huh. I though I had nothing to say. Guess I was wrong. Oh - it was a not-great food day. Oh well. Tomorrow is a new day. No major harm done, just hit some triggers at bad times.
thanks for stopping by. Nice to see ya.
linda
Not Without A Fight
6 days ago



4 comments:
Maybe it has to do with today, I felt out of sort all day long. Love the title of your blog. Fat don't wrinkle but you sure get stretch marks when you gain weight and lose it.
Glad to see that you are taking it all in stride.
By the way, I love that song.
Jenn
I am all about structure and schedules. I have found that the kids have grown to rely on the stability. We do have off days, but I really do think it is a benefit for kids to know what is coming next....at least in their home life ;)
Sounds like you are making some real headway! Sending hugs!
Happy New Day Tuesday.
About Hugh.
I had NO CLUE there was such a srong genetic component for bedwetting until I did research on it for an article.
So frustrating....for you both.
Miz.
Post a Comment