Thursday, September 25, 2008

I thought Plantars was a nut...

Trying too hard for humor here.

Atthe end of last evening's lovely walk my right foot kinda hurt. this has been going on for a while, but last night was worse than before. And yet, I was stunned when as I attempted to stand up when it was time to rise and shine, I could almost NOT stand. Pain? Oh, yeah. Almost as good as back labor.

I couldn't walk. I hobbled across my room and down the stairs. Right foot throbbing in the heel, left foot trying to follow right's lead. Gaaaawd. This has been coming on for quite some time. I suppose it's a combination of being nearly 300 lbs, walking a lot, wearing stupid shoes, and not letting my feet recover properly.

Well, I am going to the doc tomorrow. I am not dinking around with this. I may not be losing pounds, but I can see and feel how my exercising is such a good thing for me, and I will not take a chance on living with foot pain only to have it put me on my back or ass for an extended length of time. Give me arch supports! Give me anti-inflammatory drugs! Give me ugly comfortable shoes! But you aren't getting my workouts! Oh heeeeck no.

I did go to the gym tonight. I rode the bike to warm up. I can still do all my strength exercises - many are seated. I like the bike, so I will have to use that as my cardio. I might could even bust out the Pilates dvd again. I refuse to give in to this stupid foot thing.

As long as I'm going to the doc, I will ask about weightloss. It just doesn't seem right that I can't seem to lose pounds when the inches are sneaking away.

And again - I'm a bit closer to that Weight Watchers thing. I've been nudged by a few people.

Just let me get through the next two days: Hugh's therapy appointment, my doctor appt., Hugh's 10th birthday party, Hugh's b-day football game on Saturday. That's enough. By Saturday noonish I should be in a position to just think it all over and through.

I am exhausted. I got a good night's sleep last night. I tried sleeping with the TV off. Usually I have it on all night. I like waking up to the news. The quiet was kinda nice. Might do it again tonight. We'll see.

tatafornow, people.

Make it a great day

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, Linda, I think you wrote something a while ago that made me suspect plantar fasciitis, but I thought, no, don't even say that to her. I had it a long time ago when I was way overweight, and I hate to tell you, it takes a long time to go away. But, my friend had it, and she did everything the doctor said, especially going to physical therapy and doing all the follow up exercises and stretches. That part should appeal to you! My friend got over it faster than anyone I know. Good luck.

Jenn said...

Yep mornings are the worst with plantar fasciitis! It doesn't feel like you have actual feet anymore, instead it feels like someone cut off your feet and your walking on clubs instead. It sucks!

How was Hughs sleep over?

Jenn

new*me said...

I couldn't sleep with the tv on but I sleep with a rather loud fan on pointed away from me....for the background noise. We have a train track only a block away and I like to drown it out at night :)

Interested in what the doc says about your feet. I know I have exactly the same thing but I have to say that since I have lost weight, it has improved a bit. Maybe there is a miracle cure :)