Friday, September 19, 2008

Friday = Foot Fest

I am getting a pedicure tonight. I have a gift card, otherwise I'd be standing on my head hacking away at my toe-claws on my own. Honestly - I hate doing my feet. My callouses stun and amaze even the hardiest souls (soles?) So, it's time.

Speaking of feet - I wonder if it isn't time for new shoes. My feet hurt always - the bottoms of the, primarily the heels. They hurt especially after I have been on a hard treadmill walk. Maybe I pound my feet and need to think lighter thoughts. I don't know.

It's a beautiful day here, even this late in the afternoon. I should be going home to mow the yard. It's been probably a month. It's excellent cardio, and I love how it looks after. We had such a drought that it just didn't need mowing. I won't have time until tomorrow afternoon or Sunday. Plus, I have to get my feet done and don't want to go in with grass stains around my ankles.

I ran out of time for making me a lunch for today, so I had to eat school food. Remind me to buy some frozen dinners to keep on hand for such emergencies. BADBADBAD I did fill the biggest slot on the tray with pre-shredded lettuce. That crap always tastes like I imagine silage tastes. Eww. I'd like fish for dinner tonight, but it wouldn't be healthy. Ya haven't eaten until you have tried the traditional Wisconsin fish-fry. You can't go anywhere on a Friday in Wisconsin and not find a fish fry. Certainly one can order broiled fish or baked fish or poor-man's lobster, but sometimes nothing beats the tried and true. It's still brain food. Even if it is covered in beer batter.

Hugh is doing great. He wet last night, so we are upping the dosage on his Rx for the wetting problem. He handed out the invites to his b-day party. I hope more than one kid can come. Regardless it will be fun.

Ohhh, there's the bell. I can leave for home now. Not that I'm in a hurry. Hugh is at his buddy's house, and I'm sure I'll have to drag him away. He's loving it. The other kid's loving it. He's happy - I'm happy. Ya can't beat it with a stick.

Have a beautiful weekend. I'll check on you all later.

linda

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Look up plantar fascitis. I used to have the same problem. if the symptoms match then you will want to consentrate on stretching and massaging your feet more. It also helps to use a can and roll it under your instep to loosen it up.

I used to have the same problem. If stretching it out doesn't help after about a week then you will want to see the doc. They will probably give you a muscle relaxer.

Hope this helps.

Jenn

new*me said...

I have the heel problem too! I have had it on and off since about 2002. It sucks!